Friday, January 1, 2021

A New Year Begins...

 


Happy New Year and welcome to the year 2021.  I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year.  We stayed in with burgers and fries, cheap champagne, fireworks in the distance, and dogs barking.  Nothing new.  I have always been a sci-fi nerd and, when I was a kid, the year 2021 was very had to imagine and so futuristic.  And, yet, here it is.  Still feels futuristic with what we have had to endure in 2020.    

I stopped making resolutions years ago because I never keep them.  Since I learned so much in 2020, with so much time on my hands, I decided to make a list of some things I hope to learn or do this year - 

  • learn how to make a chocolate babka, Italian cookies like I used to get in the bakeries in Astoria, try-color or rainbow cookies, and deep dish pizza.
  • start making and editing craft and baking videos.
That's it.  Small stuff.  

I also see a lot of people coming up with their word for the year.  At first I thought this was silly. But then I decided to tackle a storage room and go thru boxes of stuff I moved here with.  It is mind blowing how much craft stuff I own but have never used.  Rubber stamps, dies, papers...you name it.  So my word for 2021 is USE.  I plan to try and USE the things I have never used.  

Now, on to my card for today.  

  • I made an A2 card base.  
  • Using the Stitched Rectangle Die set from Pink & Main, I cut three layers.  The base layer using white glittered cardstock from American Crafts, a black layer, and then a white layer.  
  • I adhered the white glittered layer to my card front and then the black layer on top.
  • On the white layer I stamped the two Martini glasses (American Art Stamp) and then the star sparkles above the glasses (Lilipop Carimbos). 
  • Using the Happy New Year die from Elizabeth Crafts, I die the sentiment several times from black cardstock, glued them together, and then I adhered the sentiment across the glasses.
  • I adhered the white cardstock with the images and sentiment to the card front and, lastly, some crystals above the glasses and then I applied Glossy Accents to the glasses and set it aside to dry.
This was a fast and fun card to make.  

So, did you make any resolutions or have some idea of what you would like to learn or do this year?  Have you come up with a word for 2021 that you would like to commit to?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I'm curious and would love to know.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and weekend.  I am off to clean a bit more and do some crafting. Until next time!

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Same as you, I no longer make resolutions because it is rare that they are kept. Simply do what you love and treasure each day.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...