Thursday, January 14, 2021

Love Frame Valentine's Day Easel Card

 

Hello everyone and welcome to my first Anthony's Paper Craft Design Team Member post of 2021.  This year, each of the Design Team Members will post a card or project on Thursdays of each month and, on the 15th of each month, we will have a group post based on a theme.  This month is all about Valentine's Day or Love. 

Anthony's Paper Craft has several Valentine's Day stamp sets - Valentine's Day 1, Valentine's Day 2, Love Frame, not to mention plenty of flower images including Roses and Jumbo Roses.  

For my project, I am using the Love Frame set, which, as it's main image, has a frame of hearts that is 5.5" x 5.5" and is perfect as a photo frame or, as I did, for a poem.  

To make my card - 

  • First, my card base, using a 12" x 12" piece of red cardstock.  I cut a piece 6" x 12" and placed it on my scoring board with the 12" side along the top.  Then I scored at 6" and 9".    
  • Then I folded it as in the photo below to form my base. 
 


  • Using the same red cardstock, I cut another piece, 6" x 6", and put that to the side to use later.
  • I stamped the heart frame image on to white cardstock, trimmed it to a 5.5" square, used the Large Angle from the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper on each of the corners, and adhered it to the 6" x6" red cardstock.   
  • Then I cut another piece of red cardstock, 4.5" x 4.5", cut the corners with the Small Angle from the same Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, and adhered this to the center of the white border.  
  

For the center, I wanted a love poem.  So I went online and did a search and the first one that came up was a beautiful poem/quote from Kiersten White from her book The Chaos of Stars.   I had never read it before but, when I did read it, I knew it was perfect for this card.  {I hope I am allowed to use it here - yikes}.
 
So I typed it up, printed it out on to white cardstock, trimmed it to a 4" square, cut the corners with the same Corner Chomper and adhered it to the red cardstock using foam tape. 


  • Next, I went thru my paper stash and adhered a piece of decorative 6" paper to the bottom inside portion of the card.  This part will be visible when the card is open. 
 

  • Now, flip the 6" x 12" piece of red cardstock over so that the 3" section is at the bottom.  Then apply double-sided tape or wet glue to this section.  Then adhere the 6" section with the poem to the tape.




The card should now sit like this.


Now, some final touches to finish off the card.  

  • I colored in the hearts with Rambunctious Red BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Marker.  Then I applied Glossy Accents over the hearts and then I added some Fairy Dust Glitter over the hearts so that, once dry, will give off some shimmer.  
  • I also adhered some larger crystals to the corners of the card front, as well as on the inside to hold the card open, and smaller crystals around the heart flourishes.  LOVE NEEDS TO SHINE!

 
 
Lastly, I cut a piece of white cardstock, 2.75" x 5.75", and adhered it to the back so that a note can be written and, when the card is closed, the note is not seen.
 

Done!  Here is the final card and, I have to say this out loud, I LOVE IT!  And I hope you love it too.  No pun intended.  
 

 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  The team will have more Valentine's Day and Love inspiration in the following weeks.  I'd love to know what you think of this card.  Leave me a comment!  I'd love to hear from you.  Until next time!

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...