Thursday, September 19, 2019

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie - Back To School with Bugaboo Stamps



Hello everyone!  As I say every year, I cannot believe it's September....summer is over (for you guys in the USA)....and it's back to school for the kids.  Over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog we are celebrating the "back to school" theme with Challenge No. 126 and here is the inspiration photo the design team had to work with - 




I started with a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper from the Bundle of Joy A New Girl Collection from Echo Park.  I used one of the sheets called Alphabet Antics because of the letters on the sheet - perfect for a back to school theme.



Next up was my image.  Using Gimp (a free image editor), I merged two digital stamps into one - book stack and book sitter - both from Bugaboo Stamps.

After printing it to the size I needed, I die cut the image, along with a solid piece of cardstock, using dies from the A2 Matting Basics A and A2 Matting Basics B sets (Spellbinders).


Then I colored the image, adhered it to the solid cardstock, and then adhered this to the card front.  


Lastly, I printed out the words "back to school" on white cardstock, trimmed them, adhered them to cardstock, trimmed again, and adhered them to the card front. 


And here is the final card....ready to be placed into someone's lunchbox or book bag.  Or as a thank you note to a teacher.


I hope you guys like this card.  I'd love to know.  Feel free to leave a comment below!  And, if you join us during the next two weeks for this challenge, please let me know so I can check out your card.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and, until next time, hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. hello! I love the card which is sweet with the bold colours of the books. I am so happy I am out of school which i have been for decades but it still gives me the shivers:) I can`t wait for the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...