Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Very So-FISH-Ticated Card


Hello everyone.  I had to make a "fish/sea" card for my card swapping group and I thought I would take you along on my process.  I'm using supplies I have had in my stash for some time but most of them are still available to buy.  Cool!  

I started by making a top folding A2 card base.  Then I needed paper for the "water" look.  I found a paper pad in my stash called Sweet Nectar from K&Company which has papers with a textured look but without any actual texture to the paper.  This way, I can stamp and color without any problems.  I adhered the light blue to the card front.


Next, I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die. Then I die cut it again using the Confetti Plate die by Spellbinders.  This will be my top layer.


Since I want to stamp in the circle sections, I placed it on top of my card front and lightly traced where I plan to stamp.


Next, using my Misti, I stamped images from "whale hello there" and "fish tales", both by Memory Box, into the various traced areas.  If I thought the image might go into another space, I used a piece of scrap xerox paper to mask off that area.  


Using the Misti allows me to stamp several images at the same time, several times, and to work in sections.


Next, I erased the pencil marks and colored in my fish using Ultra Fine BIC Markers.


I then stamped "i shore do miss you" on the stitched piece and then adhered it to my card front.  You could also use foam tape to have it raised up but, due to the postal costs, I decided to leave it flat.



Now, I could have just stopped here.  But I can't.  I added different colored Stickles (Ranger) to the fish and a few clear crystals.  Now, I am done!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...