Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #63 - Wonderful Wings
Happy Tuesday everyone!! I hope y'all had a nice weekend. What a busy weekend! Friday night Ruy and I went CNA, one of the language schools in town, for a Pizza Rodizio. A "rodizio" pretty much means "all you can eat". Then on Saturday night we went to our friends Cris and Baron for one of his gourmet dinners. Baron loves to cook and he did not let us down. Salmon, asparagus risotto, and potatoes. YUM!
We stayed until 2 am and I woke up on Sunday with whatever I was battling two weeks ago. Ugh! Doctor tomorrow!! So I did a lot of coloring on Sunday for today's project.
Since it's Tuesday.....there is a new challenge over at the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge Blog! This week's Challenge #63 is "Wonderful Wings".
I used a digi stamp called Bugfihappiness by Bugaboo Stamps. When you buy this digi, you get several files. One is the image without the phrase. I love digi files because you can make them any size you want. I made this project 7" square and is meant to be a "home decor" piece - for a shelf or wall. I am also in love with image because it reminds me so much of many of the images I used to get from Outlines Rubber Stamps and do in 3D.
The first thing I did was to size this in Word to 8" x 8". With my margins, I knew it would print at 7". I printed it 3 times on good quality white cardstock. One print will be my base. Using the other two, I cut the various flowers in different layers. I knew I was going to pop dot them and make the project 3D so you want each layer to be cut differently.
For example - the flower in the lower right corner has 3 layers. The bottom layer, which is the layer printed on the cardstock. Then I cut two additional layers from the other 2 print outs -
After I did all my cutting, I pulled out my Sharpies and colored everything in - the base piece and all the different layered pieces. Then, working flower by flower, I applied pop dots to each of the layers and layered them on each other. I then went back and applied some Stickles in various colors on the flowers to add some bling.
Here are some close up shots of some of the flowers with the layers -
Then I die cut the Home Sweet Home die by Spellbinders - twice. Once out of plain purple fun foam and again out of purple glittered fun foam. I adhered the glittered fun foam to the plain fun foam and then glued them to the front. I then colored another of the butterflies and adhered this to the front using pop dots.
The last things I did were to go back and add additional Stickles to the butterfly wings and a few other areas I missed the first time.
I hope you enjoyed this piece. It was nice to make something other than a card for a change. LOL. Using digi stamps gives you so many options. Also, Bugaboo Stamps has an amazing amount of really affordable digi stamps to get you started. If you want to make a card or project for this challenge, you have until Sunday, September 4th, at 8:00 pm.
Click HERE to be taken to the challenge page with all the info.
Would love to know what you think of the project. Feel free to leave comments below! I do answer all my comments. And....as always.....until next time -
Hugs from Brasil -