Thursday, August 25, 2022

Crafty Elves Countdown To Christmas - August 2022 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the August 2022 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  I took last month off but I am back this month with 4 new Christmas card ideas.    3 of them use a digital stamp so, if you want to recreate them, the cost will not break the bank. 

If you are just joining us, on the 25th of each month, the Crafty Elves - Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and myself - post {up to} 4 Christmas/Holiday card ideas.  Instead of stressing in November to make holiday cards, we make them each month so, at the end of the year, we are ready to send them out.  And we hope to inspire you to do the same.  

Links to Debra's and Lisa's projects, as well as links to all of our social media pages, are at the end of this post.
   There are even more photos of the individual cards over on my IG page too.  

Now, on to my ideas for this month.

Card No. 1

The idea for this card has been sitting in my brain since I got this Winter Wardrobe Die from Penny Black...a few months ago.  All I could see was an elf on a shelf.  I know it's not really a shelf but I knew I could get it to work.  Then, last night, an adorable and perfect digital elf stamp popped up in my Etsy feed and I felt it was time to get it made.  I bought the Santa's Elves digi from LittlesPrintables 

  • To start, I purchased the Santa's Elves digital coloring page from Littles Printables on Etsy.  It's only $1 - a no-brainer. 
  • Then I sized them, printed them on white cardstock, fussy cut the boy elf, and colored him in.
  • Then I die cut the various parts of the "shelf" using Kraft for the shelf, a darker brown for the knobs, and red, green, and white for the hats, scarf, gloves, and earmuffs.   Then I glued the pieces together where needed - the knobs to the shelf, the white to the earmuffs, and the red and green to the hats.   
  • I adhered the shelf part with foam tape, then I glued the elf so he was sitting on the shelf, also using foam tape, and, finally, the other pieces - hat, gloves, etc.
  • I added stickles to the hats, the scarf, gloves, etc.
  • Lastly, I stamped my sentiment, Happy Holidays, from the Christmas Foilage set by Anthony's Paper Craft.
Card No. 2



While I was on the Littles Printables page on Etsy buying the elves, I spotted this super simple Christmas Tree digital image.  I just knew this would be super easy to color and cut for a 3D effect.  And, for $1, how can you go wrong?
  • I started by printing 2 of the Christmas tree image on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I used a stitched rectangle die, 3.75" x 5", and cut one of them out.  
  • I colored it in, layered it on a piece of red cardstock, and then I adhered it to my card front. 
  • I colored in the 2nd image, fussy cut the different layers, and adhered these to the card front using small foam squares. 
  • Lastly, I printed my sentiment, layered them on a piece of red cardstock, and then adhered them to my card front. 
Card Idea No. 3


I decided to make this card a big card - 5.5" x 5.5" square.  The card uses this Wreath digital stamp from Alexandra Dannenmann on Etsy.  It's considered a coloring page but I knew I could size it for a card.  And for $1.50, how can you go wrong?   You can even print this much larger with one image per sheet, color it in, cut it out and hang it in a window.  
  • I started by printing 2 of these images on a piece of white A4 cardstock at 60% and coloring one image in full and only the red bow at the top of the 2nd image.   
  • The fully colored image I trimmed to 4 7/8" x 4 7/8", layered it on a piece of red cardstock, 5" x 5", and then on my card front.  
  • I fussy cut the red bow on the 2nd image and adhered it to the card front using foam squares.
  • Lastly, some red stickles where the berries would be and the sentiment, Holiday Magic, from the Christmas Chatter stamp set by Anthony's Paper Craft.
Card No. 4



While I was cleaning the other day, I found a package of Christmas stickers that I got when I was in the states in 2019.  They are cars with trees on top and some campers.  I also found a stamp of some trees and thought that this could make a cute slimline card.
  • I used a stitched rectangle slimline die to cut a piece of light blue cardstock.  I didn't want to distress a sky and thought the light blue could act like a fall sky rather than have a stark white background.  
  • The blue cardstock is 3" x 8" so I made a card base using white cardstock, 3.25" x 8.25", and adhered a piece of holiday paper to the front.  The paper I chose is also light blue so you really don't see it well. 
  • Next, I stamped the Mountain Top Trees from Poppy Stamps (retired) using pine green ink, across the card.  If you do not own this stamp, I bet you have a tree stamp, or two, in your stash that you can use.   
  • I wanted snow - and I know I have a great snow stencil in my stash but I could not find it.  So I used a stencil with some round dots and applied some modeling paste thru the stencil.  Some of the snowflakes are large but, just assume it's a blizzard in Colorado.  LOL
  • I used a heat gun to dry the snow quickly and then I placed the piece in my Misti and stamped the sentiment, Peace, Love & Joy, from the Deck the Halls stamp set from Anthony's Paper Craft
  • Lastly, I distressed the edges, adhered this to the card front, and then adhered a car and trailer sticker next to the sentiment.  
And we're done!  4 new, quick, simple, and fun Christmas card ideas.  Which is your favorite?

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves also.  Debra and Lisa also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my these are all wonderful! Love love that elf on the shelf!! Wonderful holiday cards and happy to have you back this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that sticker card -- you know how much I love stickers !!! And the Elf on the Shelf is fabulous too ... They are all great cards !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love that cute elf on a shelf! My favorite is the slimline card! Fun camper scene with the trees and snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Michael! That slimline is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Christmas creations.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...