Friday, March 25, 2022

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - March 2022

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the March 2022 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and I have been busy again all month making new ideas to share with you.  Links to their projects and social media pages are at the end of this post.

Sorry for being MIA last month.  I just needed a break and was in the middle of working on a big wedding mini album.    But, while on my little break, I was able to buy some Christmas stamps and dies on a Brasilian destash group and that is what I used for this month's cards.    

Now, on to my cards!

Idea No. 1

These two cards use the Holiday Village stamp and die from Poppy Stamps (sadly, retired) but you might own it or have a similar image to use. 

  • I made 2 top-folding A2 card bases using white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of red cardstock.  
  • I used two different sized stitched rectangle dies to cut pieces of decorative paper with snowflakes on them and then adhered one to each card front.
  • I stamped, colored, and die cut the Holiday Village image.
  • Before adhering the images, I stamped a sentiment on the card front and then adhered the images using foam tape. 
  • Lastly, some stickles on the houses and trees to give some shimmer. 

Idea No. 2


These two cards use the String of Ornaments stamp and die from Poppy Stamps (retired) but you might own it or have a similar image to use. 

  • Using a sheet of red cardstock, I made 2 top-folding A2 card bases.    
  • Using a stitched rectangle die, I cut two pieces of decorative paper and 2 pieces of white cardstock.  I adhered the decorative paper to the front of each card and I adhered the white cardstock to the inside where a message can be written.    
  • I cut two pieces of white cardstock, 3" x 4", and then I stamped and colored the String of Ornaments and added a sentiment to each piece.  
  • I die cut two scalloped rectangles from red cardstock.  To one I adhered one of the colored pieces and to the other, I cut two slits at the bottom and then I slid the other colored piece into it.   
  • Lastly, some stickles on the ornaments and enamel dots on the card front.   

Idea No. 3


For this last card, I used the String of Ornaments stamp and die from Poppy Stamps again but with a different idea. 

  • Using a sheet of red cardstock, I made a top-folding A2 card base.      
  • Using a stitched rectangle die, I cut a piece of decorative paper, which I adhered to the card front. 
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock, 3 1/8"x 5 1/4", layered it on a piece of red cardstock, which I adhered to the card front.  And I stamped a sentiment.    
  • I stamped, cut, and colored the String of Ornaments 4 times.  Then I used small foam dots on the back and adhered them to the card front.      
  • Lastly, some stickles on the ornaments for some shimmer and shine.  

There you go...only 3 ideas for March 2022.  But, 5 cards.  LOL  

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves too.  They also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  Do you own any of these older stamps?  Let me know. And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love the holiday village and the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well on your destash purchases! Awesome cards, I love the one with the four strands of ornaments! That might look good on a green background as if they're hanging on the tree! I also am curious about your "big" "mini" album. How can that be? LOL Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, these are really cute cards. It's a good reminder for me to get started soon on Christmas cards. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...