Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Coffee With Deb, Celeste, and a Masculine Card Sketch



Happy Sunday everyone!!!  My coffee loving/crafty friends - Deb and Celeste asked me to join them again for some coffee and cards.  It's a beautiful morning here in the countryside of São Paulo and, for some reason, my brain woke up early today.  I'm sitting on the veranda, drinking some Hazelnut coffee from Dunkin Donuts and listening to the birds wake up along with me.   I love this time of the morning.

For today's card, Celeste picked a sketch for us to work with - 


and the card had to be masculine, which, believe it or not, I have issues making.  I went through my stash and pulled out the Engraver Collection Kit by Prima, which was perfect.  

I started with a top folding A2 white card base to which I adhered a piece of dark brown, textured cardstock.  Then, using a stitched rectangle die I cut a piece from one of the sheets in the Engraver pad.


I distressed the edges with Black Soot distress ink and adhered it to the card front.


Next, using the Fishtail/Banner Die set (Your Next Stamp), I cut two pieces from the Engraver pad using two different sized dies.  For the main focal point of the card front, I found a mustache stamp and die set in my stash (Hero Arts/Retired).  I stamped one of the designs and then die cut it.


I distressed all the pieces with the Black Soot distress ink.  Then I adhered the longer fishtail banner piece to the card front.  I also trimmed the thinner fishtail banner piece and adhered it under the mustache.



Finally, I adhered the mustache/banner piece to the card front with pop dots and then I adhered the word "Original", from Tim Holtz' Quote Chips, under the mustache.  


Done!  Here is the final card - 


This was a last minute card and I really love how this came out.  I hope you do too and I'd love to know what you think.  Please don't forget to stop by Deb's blog {HERE} and Celeste's blog {HERE} and show them some love!  

As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by my little blog and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!

Michael  

10 comments:

  1. Great card as always !! Love that mustache •• you should grow one just like it !! Thanks again for joining us .. We are the 3 Amigos ☕️☕️☕️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic card, Michael. I love the combination you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how fun is this?! Love the 'stache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love moustache cards and this one is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Love moustache cards and this one is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say you're pretty darn good at masculine cards. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this amazing masculine card Michael! So glad you joined us again my crafty friend...we always love it when you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, I just adore this card!! The little details you put into your work always stand out. The thing that stands out the most on this one is how you used the different patterned papers to all line up into one amazing card!! Thank you for sharing your talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great male card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...