Sunday, June 10, 2018

Happy 4th of July Card with Anthony's Paper Craft



Hello everyone!  This year is really moving quickly. It feels like it was just January but it's already June!! Well, this means that the 4th of July is right around. The other day I made a photo folio (a future post) using an old paper pad from Heidi Swapp, and I was left with a lot of scrap papers that I wanted to use for cards. 

Today's card is the first card using these scraps and paired it with a set called 4th of July from Anthony's Paper Craft.  


I started with one of the leftover scraps, a design with some bluish stars, which I adhered to a piece of white cardstock, leaving room on the bottom for the sentiment.   


Next, I die cut the piece using a stitched rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp) and my Big Shot (Sizzix).


and adhered this to my card front of red textured cardstock.  Now I have my red, white, and blue colors.


I stamped the Statue of Liberty image and had my Scan N Cut cut it out.  You can also fussy cut the image if you want.  I adhered it to the card front with some pop dots, stamped the sentiment to the left of the image, and then adhered 3 sequins, 1 red, 1 clear (for the white) and 1 blue.  


That's it.  Super easy to make.  Although this pad is pretty old I am sure you guys have paper in your stash that would work just as well.  I'll be back with some more simple cards to make with scraps.  

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Love this !! And thanks for reminding me that it’s almost July !! I really need to get some of those stitched dies •• can you believe I don’t have any ?!?! Great project using your scrap paper ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...