Friday, May 25, 2018

OCD - Obsessive Coffee Disorder with Coffee Lovers



Happy Friday everyone!  I'm excited because today starts the week-long "Spring + Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop" over at Coffee Loving Cardmakers.  Being a coffee loving papercrafter I have a bunch of coffee stamps and papers and I hope to get a card made each day for the week.  There are a lot of prizes to be won so I hope you will join me and check it out.


For the first day, I am doing a sort of mini blog hop between myself and my friend Mike of Dezines By EM.  Mike lives in California and is not only part of the Anthony Paper Craft's Design Team but he also makes some awesome SVG files.  And we both decided to do a project using the new Coffee 1 stamp by Anthony's Paper Craft.  He made a gift card holder and the link is all the way at the end of this post!  

I made two cards - both using the same idea but with different images.  I started with a piece of A2 Kraft cardstock for the bases.  I then adhered a piece of light brown textured cardstock to one card front and dark textured cardstock to the other card front.  Both are from the Neutrals Pack by American Crafts.  


Next, I cut a piece from each of the brown cardstocks using the Oval Burst Background die (Gina Marie Designs) - keep the inside pieces for another project.  


Then I adhered just the center of each of them to the card front using the light on the dark card front and vice versa.  I glue down the rest as I am placing each of the pieces into the card, which I show later on.


Next, I used the Oval Burst Background die again on 9 sheets from the Crazy for Coffee paper pad by Your Next Stamp.  This might seem excessive but you actually get at least 4-5 cards with this technique using all the pieces from each of the patterns and since the papers are printed on one side only, you are not losing the other side.  


What I love about this paper pad is that one of the patterns is made in both blue and pink giving you the option of making the card more masculine or feminine depending on who you plan to give a card.


Next, using pieces from the patterns you cut, fill in the card fronts by adhering the pieces.  It's like a puzzle.  What I like to do is adhere a piece from one pattern on one side and then adhere another piece from the same pattern but on the opposite side of the card front.  


Then I take two more pieces from the next design and adhere them on the card but on opposite sides.


Continue doing this until the whole card front has been filled in.


Next, I glue down the rest of the Oval Burst Background by using Multi Medium Matte with the thin tipped applicator.  I work in sections applying some of the glue between the pieces of cardstock and around the edges.



And then slowly glue the areas down.



Lastly, for one of the cards, I stamped the phrase "OCD Obsessive Coffee Disorder" from the Coffee 1 by Anthony's Paper Craft on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I die cut it with a die from Stitched Circle Layers by Memory Box and the next size up from a piece of the dark brown cardstock.  I adhered the dark brown circle to the card front in the center and then I adhered the phrase using foam tape. 



For the other card front, I stamped the coffee cup, also from Coffee 1 by Anthony's Paper Craft, and colored it with watercolor pencils.  Because I used the blue triangles from the paper pad I colored the cup in blue also.  Then I die cut it with a square stitched die and layered it on a piece of the dark brown cardstock.  



And that's it!  I know...a bit over the top but I love all these coffee images and colors on the card front.  I hope you do too.  Feel free to leave me a comment below!  

Don't forget to check out Mike's blog post HERE.  He made an awesome gift card holder using the same images! 

I'll be back tomorrow with another coffee-related card.  Until then - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

24 comments:

  1. Cool backgrounds on your coffee cards! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mixed papers for your sunburst bg! so much fun! of course I confess to being a bit OCD myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I will have to get that die or create one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, Michael. LOVE that background.
    I'd love to have you stop by and play along with us at www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that die you used love all the different papers you used

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! Love the design and the papers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. I really like the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mixing of pattern, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael, these are wonderful! Love the combo of patterns and the stamps that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really loving that Gina Marie Die! It looks like an old quilt! Beautiful papers that you used! Thanks for being a part of the Spring & Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic way of making your backgrounds. These are amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome idea to do a sunburst coffee card - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card and great die and choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love that background ... very cool and love that coffee cup stamp... must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cards! Those are my favorite coffee papers... makes for a fabulous sunburst coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME sunburst, lots of work here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for tyour step by step tutorial! Your cards aare so gorgeous! Thanks for inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so quilty, and it looks like you wasted nothing! So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great design and choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...