Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"String Art Heart" Valentine's Day Card No. 2




Hello everyone.  Yesterday's card showed a fun way to use the Large Faux String Art Heart from Anthony's Paper Craft.  Yesterday's card had several pieces that we die cut that we didn't use.  As promised, today's card shows how to use those excess pieces for a different card.  Like getting two for the price of one! 


For today's card, I started with a card base of textured red cardstock.  Then, using the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp), I cut a piece of white cardstock, which I adhered to the red cardstock.

Next, I took the negative heart cut-out piece that was left over from yesterday's card and I stamped the Large Faux String Art Heart with Versamark ink and then embossed it with some Fine Detail White Embossing Powder from Sweet Stamps.


Next, I put some foam dots behind the heart and adhered it to the card front, making sure to line up the stitching so it matched the stitching on the white cardstock.  I also adhered the "love" and "you" using pop dots on the left side and glue on the right side.


I wasn't feeling it yet so I went back and adhered small crystals around the heart on each point and then I adhered 3 larger crystals on the card front.  NOW, I was feeling it.  LOL


Below are both cards - from yesterday and from today.  I'd love to know if you like one over the other or do you love both?  Me...I love both!  Feel free to leave a comment below!  And, as always, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael  

5 comments:

  1. Just as stunning as the card shown yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois! Glad you love them both. Hard to pick which one I love more too.

      Delete
  2. Love this one too! I love it when you can get another card by using all of the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Love this one too and love the reverse colors. Trying my best to use all the pieces!! Glad you love the card too.

      Delete
  3. What a great use of the leftover pieces from yesterday’s card! Cute and clever as always!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...