Saturday, January 13, 2018

Thank You Card with Anthony's Paper Craft and Colored Pencils


Happy 2018 everyone!!  I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and warm New Year's Eve.  I know it was crazy cold in many parts of the world and, even here, we are having a strange summer.  I have yet to break a sweat here but I am sure that next year I will be complaining that it's too hot!!  LOL

Before I get to the card for today, I wanted to share his New Year card that was supposed to be posted on December 31st.  But life got in the way.  I used a beautiful metallic lace paper from a Brazilian company, the phrase was created on the computer, and the champagne glasses called Clink is from Your Next Stamp.  


I made today's card for a new challenge blog called "If You Give A Crafter A Cookie".  My friend Debra is now on their design team and I thought I would help her out with her first design team post, which you can see HERE.  The blog name alone cracks me up and when I saw the "inspiration photo" of colorful cookies and the "Thank You" theme I came up with an idea for a card using some more stamps from Anthony's Paper Craft.


When I think of cookies I immediately think of chocolate chip cookies (my fav after Oreos) so I started by cutting a piece of light brown cardstock  (to give that cookie feel) with a stitched rectangle die.  Then I stamped Butterflies 1 with my Misti and colored them with colored pencils - something I have not used in a long time.  I was trying to make the butterflies colorful like the cookies.

    
Next, I cut a piece of light brown fun foam, adhered it to the back of the butterflies, which I then adhered to the front of an A2 card front of red cardstock.  I also stamped the phrase "Thank You" from the Greetings Set 2 on the same light brown cardstock, which I layered on a piece of the same red cardstock.


Lastly, I applied various Stickles to the butterflies to give this some shimmer!  


Although they are not cookies, I hope my interpretation of the colorful butterflies and the "thank you" are good enough for this challenge.  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.  As always, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! This is an amazingly designed card. I love what you did with the butterflies and I think it is good enough for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois. Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for your comments! Glad you like it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment and for stopping by the blog Robin. Appreciate it! Happy New Year.

      Delete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Michael but I absolutely adore the colors and sparkle on the butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Celeste! Glad you like them too! Thanks for the comments and for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your card -- the colors and the shimmer are gorgeous !! Thank you for joining in on the "If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge" -- the first for 2018 and my first with their Design Team !! I really appreciate the support, my friend. And I hope you'll join us again !! Debra Davison DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra but it's all your fault!! LOL Am more than happy to help out and support friends and had a lot of fun making the card for the challenge! Glad you love the card!

      Delete
  5. What a great card and this brings back summer. Last weekend we had -23C and today it hit a high of -9C. I love the different colours used for each butterfly and love the glitter of stickles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit! Happy New Year!! Glad you love the card and colors. I've been hearing about the weather in North America. I don't miss the cold!! Hopefully it will warm up soon. Where is summer when you really want it?? LOL

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much Deanne!! Was fun to play to along with you guys and to find a new card challenge site! Glad you love the card.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...