Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Holiday Candles & Pine Card (and a SALE)



Hello crafty friends!  I hope y'all had a great weekend.  Ours was busy!  Ruy and some friends have started a photo club here in town.  The first exhibition of photos is being held this Thursday night.  So, we have been running around having meetings, promoting the club, printing photos, etc.  But I did get to meet the Mayor...and he thinks I am "off my meds" for moving from NYC to here.  Go figure!  LOL

I did find some time to make a super simple Christmas/Holiday card using another beautiful image from Anthony's Paper Craft.  Honestly, I made this card in under 10 minutes (not counting the time the Stickles needed to dry).  

But...before I get to the card I wanted to let you know that Anthony's Paper Craft is having a 20% off SALE until Dec. 31st.  So, if have loved my projects using their stamps, now is a great time to grab some.  No coupon needed.  Just add what you want to the cart and the sale price will be reflected!  

Now....on to the card.....

I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock with the largest die from Rectangle die set (Cottage Cutz).  Then I stamped the Candles & Pine image and the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments 1 set, using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and my Misti.  I then colored in the image with various fine tip Bic Markers.


I made a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock, to which I adhered a piece of Christmas paper.  I then used the largest die from the Nested Stitched Scallop Rectangle set (Cottage Cutz) to cut a piece of metallic red cardstock and a piece of white fun foam 3" x 4". 


Now it's just putting the layers together.  Adhere the fun foam to the back of your colored image cardstock.  Then adhered that to the red cardstock.  Then adhere the red cardstock to the card front.

To give a bit of shimmer I adhered some Firefly Stickles to the holly leaves and fir branches and some Yellow Stickles to the candles.  


That's it.  Done!  Told ya....super simple to make.  And, I think, a beautiful card!  Hope you love it too.  Don't forget to check out the sale going on at Anthony's Paper Craft!!  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...