Sunday, June 16, 2024

Coffee and Cards with Deb and Celeste | Father's Day Edition

 


Hello everyone and Happy Father's Day to those that are celebrating.  Today I am joining my friends Deb (Meticulosity) and Celeste (CraftingJunky) for their June Coffee and Card Collab.  Each month they make a card based on a specific mood board, theme, or color, and they talk about the coffee they are drinking that day.   

My coffee for today is just everyday Brasilian coffee by Melitta, which, in my opinion, is the best and smoothest.  It's being had with my chocolate chip loaf in my fav cup.  Not the loaf, the coffee. 

And the mood board that we had to work with is below.  Lots of tones of brown and, since today is Father's Day, I thought I would make a quick card using scraps from my stash.

The first thing I did was to make a top-folding A2 card using brown cardstock.  Then I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die and adhered it to the inside of the card.  

Because the mood board is filled with brown tones, I went through my stash of papers, pulled out 5 scraps, and cut them into 1" x 5.5" strips.  Then I turned them over, and, on one side only, marked 1/4" in on the bottom of each side, and used a metal ruler to trim the pieces. 






I adhered the 5 pieces to a piece of Kraft cardstock leaving about 1/8" between each piece, die cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, adhered a piece of fun foam to the back, and then adhered it to the card front.  

To finish off the card...

I stamped Happy Father's Day from Technique Junkies on a piece of white cardstock and die-cut it using a stitched banner die.  Then I die cut a piece of the brown cardstock using the next size-up banner die.  I adhered the sentiment to the brown and then to the card front.  


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Please remember to go check out what Deb and Celeste made on their blogs.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Michael, so glad you joined us this month! I adore your card and love the creative way it uses up scraps! The coffee mug is fabulous, and your tasty treat sounds amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and Cards with Deb and Celeste | Father's Day Edition

  Hello everyone and Happy Father's Day to those that are celebrating.  Today I am joining my friends Deb ( Meticulosity ) and Celeste ...