Monday, January 24, 2022

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - January 2022

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the year 2022.  I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday and New Year. It was quiet for us.  We spend a few days at the beach for Christmas and my birthday and then, for the New Year, we were here enjoying the rain.  It always seems to rain on New Year's Eve here.  

So, Debra (Meticulosity), Lisa (Life of a BZScrapper), and I (World of Michael Trent) are back for another year of Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday cards.  To start the new year off with a bang, we have our first Guest Crafty Elf. We are being joined by Liz McGuire, aka Buttons for Brains on both IG and YouTube.  All social media links are at the end of this post for easy access.  

Now, on to my card ideas...

Idea No. 1


I think this is the perfect card and stamp to use to kick off the holiday cards for 2022.  Make a card in December or January using this stamp and you are covered for the whole year.  Easy peasy!  

  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper from the eTceTeRa paper pad by Fancy Pants Design.  
  • Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die measuring 3.25" x 4.5" and stamped Happy Everything (Viva Las Vegas Stamps).
  • Then I colored it in using my BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers. 
  • I stamped "Happy Everything" from my stash and then I layered it on a piece of black cardstock, leaving a slight border, and then adhered it to the card front.
  • Lastly, some Frosted Lace Stickles on the Santa hat.


Idea No. 2


I wanted to make a quick non-traditional holiday card for people that may not celebrate Christmas but still have a holiday feel to it.  Recently I saw THIS video from Gina K where she uses white pigment ink in place of Versamark ink and I had to try it out.   
  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock. 
  • Then I stamped Leafy Vines on a piece of kraft cardstock using Unicorn Pigment Ink Pad.  And then heat embossing the image using White Detail Embossing Powder (all from Hero Arts). 
  • Using an A2-sized stitched rectangle die, I die cut a piece of gold mirror cardstock, which I adhered to the card front. 
  • Using the next die down, I die cut the image and adhered it to a piece of red cardstock and then to the gold mirror cardstock.
  • To get a bit more gold shimmer, I splattered some of the Yellow Gold pigment paint from the Starry Colors set by Gansai Tambi.
  • I printed the two holiday sentiments, which I layered on a piece of gold mirror cardstock, and then to the ard front.  
      


Idea No. 3


This card uses stamps from my stash....from a long time ago!  Remember when Martha Stewart made clear stamps?  I told you, a long time ago.  These stamps are from the Clear Christmas Tree Stamp set and I bet many of you have this in your stash but have never used it.  

  • I started with a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  
  • Next, I cut a piece of red cardstock using a stitched rectangle die, 4.25" x 5.5".
  • I placed the red cardstock in my Misti and stamped the image using Versamark ink.  Then I heat embossed it using Glacier White embossing powder.  
  • I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of red cardstock using the same embossing powder.  
  • I adhered the red cardstock to the white card base.  Then I fussy cut the sentiment and adhered it over the tree.  
  • Lastly, I adhered 3 crystals to the card front. 

Idea No. 4


This last card also uses stamps from a set I found recently in my stash.  It's called Pattern Play Holiday by Inkadinkado (99401).  Although retired, you might have it in your stash too.  

  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Christmas decorative paper.  
  • Next, I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and then stamped the swirly flourish first, then the bird ornament.  
  • Next, I stamped the sentiment, "Sending Christmas Joy and Cheer", which is from Classic Christmas from Unity Stamps.  
  • Lastly, I colored in the bird and swirl with BIC Ultra Fine Tip makers and then I adhered some crystals to the card front. 


There you go...my first 4 ideas for 2021!  

I hope you can find some time to visit the other Crafty Elves and our Guest Crafty Elf.  They also have amazing card ideas for the holiday season.  

Liz McGuire's IG Post/Page - Buttons For Brains
Liz McGuire's YouTube Page - Buttons For Brains

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My Facebook Page - World Of Michael Trent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

I'd love to know what you think of my card ideas.  Do you own any of these older stamps?  Let me know.  And, until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! OMG that first card...lol... that's fantastic! And the rest are so beautiful... love them all! Here's to another year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Michael. Love to see you get a jump on next year's cards. I need to do that. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards to start off the year! I love the fun Happy Everything design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two cards stamped with white and yes I own some Martha Stewart stamps but I think they are Halloween. Always love seeing your ideas Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I love the elegance of the leafy vines and Christmas tree cards. (Yep, I have at least one Martha stamp somewhere! lol). I love that birdie card - and that gorgeous set! I have a couple of their sets, but not this one. And I am a bird nerd!! lol I see it's available ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I am a new follower (from the Turner Syndrom Card Auction) and I have the Leafy Vines stamp and I still use it!! I love it )

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...