Monday, November 29, 2021

3D Embossed Star of David / Hanukkah Card

 


Hello everyone and Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate it.  Or to those that have Jewish friends or family and are taking part in the festivities.  I know it's kinda late to be making this card but I had to get it out of my head.  And, you can always make it for next year.  But, there are also 7 more days to the holiday too. 

This is such a quick and easy card to make with only a few things needed.  The embossing folder, silver, and white cardstock, and the die. 

I am using the Illusion Triangles 3D embossing folder from Altenew to make this card.  The first time I saw the folder the first thing I noticed was a Star of David in the design.  Now, I don't know if it was made this way on purpose but that's how the idea for this card came about.

  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Silver Mirri Cardstock (Anthony's Paper Craft).
  • Then I cut another piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and then I embossed it with the Illusions Triangle 3D embossing folder.
  • I cut another piece of the Silver Mirri Cardstock and embossed just the star from the folder, which I then fussy cut.


  • I adhered the embossed white cardstock to the card front.  
  • Then the silver Star of David using foam tape.
  • Then the words Happy and Hanukkah under the star. 


Done!  Told ya, super fast and easy to make.  I love love love how this embossing folder works with the Mirri cardstock.  Amazing!  

I'd love to know what you think of this idea.  Let me know by leaving me a comment below.  And, if you are celebrating...Happy Hanukkah!

Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael from NYC-Happy Hanukkah!
    You taught me to look and see Stars of David in patterns years ago and it worked. I have been able to expand my collection as a result and I am so grateful. This EF needs to come live with me too :) even though I don't have your amazing cutting skills. Happy Latkas! Margot

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...