Monday, October 25, 2021

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - October 2021

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the October 2021 edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas. Two months until Christmas!  That means two months until my birthday too.  Have you made any cards yet?  Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZScrapper, and I have been busy this month making new card ideas to share with you guys.  

And, this month we have a very special Guest Crafty Elf joining us - Terri Burson of Waving My Wand.

Links to all the Crafty Elves' projects and social media links are at the end of this post.

For even more fun, the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group is having their Falling for the Holidays cardmakers hop.  Check it out for some awesome holiday cardmaking ideas.  You can even link up a card of your own like I am.  There are even prizes! 


Now, on to my cards!

Card No. 1


I loved making this card and I'm calling this an "Abstract Christmas Slimline Tile Card".  I used Tile Set 1, from Anthony's Paper Craft.  The set has three (3)  1" square stamps and you can use any of them to make this card.
  • I made my card base out of white cardstock - 3 5/8" x 8 5/8".  Then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut a piece of red cardstock, which I adhered to the card front.  
  • I used a smaller stitched rectangle die to cut a piece of white cardstock, 3" x 8".
  • Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner and one of the stamps from Tile Set 1, I stamped the images, one at a time, until I got the abstract design I wanted.
  • Then I colored in the designs using my BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers.  
  • I stamped "Merry Christmas" from Christmas Sentiments 2 from Anthony's Paper Craft.
  • I layered this onto a piece of gold mirror cardstock and then onto the card front. 

Card No. 2


I found these two stamps in my stash that I bought YEARS AGO at The Ink Pad in NYC.  And I am happy to report that they are both still being made!  How cool is that?
  • I started by making a top folding A2 card base using red cardstock.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die - 4" x 5.25".
  • Using brown ink, I stamped the Elegant Holly Sprig from 100 Proof Press and then I colored in the image using Key Lime and Tiki Hut Tan BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers.  
  • Then I stamped the Peace Bird, from Rubber Soul, so it looked like it was sitting on the holly branch.
  • Next, I stamped "Merry Christmas" on the front and adhered the white cardstock to the red cardstock base.
  • Lastly, I applied some red Stickles to where the berries are and a piece of white cardstock to the inside to write a short note.


Card No. 3


This card...took me a few times to get it right for you guys but this is what I am here for.  To work out the kinks.  All of the dies/stamps used for this card are from Impression Obsession (IO Stamps) and are linked below.
  • I started by making a top folding A2 card base from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative red/Christmas paper.
Then I hit a snag...I wanted the fireplace to look like it was against a wall...with some flooring...and I looked thru my stash but nothing was working.  Then I remembered that I bought these digital collage papers of interiors/theater backgrounds. I used one of them as the background.  
  • Next, I printed one of the background interiors and die cut it using a stitched rectangle die.
  • Using the Fireplace die, I cut and adhered all the pieces I needed.  I used white, brown, black, and yellow/orange cardstock.  For the inside of the fireplace, I measured and cut a piece of light gray cardstock.  
  • For the presents on the left side of the fireplace and the fir plant in a basket on the right side of the fireplace, I used Riding Pretty (retired).  I stamped the basket on the bike and then fussy cut it.  Then I stamped the fir plant and the presents, die cut them and colored them in.  Then I adhered to them to the card front.
  • For the clock, I used It's About Time (retired).  I stamped one of the clocks, cut it out with a 1" punch.  Then I applied Glossy Accents to the front.  When dry, I adhered it to a piece of brown cardstock and then to the card front. 
  • To finish off the card, I adhered 3 of the stockings from the Little B Mini Holiday Stockings that I had in my stash. 

Card No. 4


Nothing makes me happier than a sheep and the sentiment "Fleece Navidad".  So when I saw this Fleece Navidad Digi Stamp from Sublidoodle on Etsy (my new fav store), I had to have it.  This card was super fast and easy to make.  
  • I started by making my slimline card base of white cardstock, 3.75" x 8.75", on which I adhered a piece of decorative Christmas paper.
  • Next, I cut a piece of red cardstock using a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to the card front.
  • Using Pages, I sized the Fleece Navidad Digi Stamp to fit on a piece of white cardstock, 3 5/8" x 8 3/8".
  • Simple coloring of the star, hats, candy cane, and present with some Ultra Fine Tip BIC Intensity Markers - Rambunctious Red, Forest Green, and Moonstone Yellow.  And Pink Beryl Copic (R0000) on the faces and ears. Then I adhered it to the red cardstock. 
  • Lastly, some Icicle Stickles on the Santa hats and along the bottom so it looks like they are standing in some snow.  Strange, but the Stickles turned gold in places.  Must have been an interaction with the printer ink but I am okay with it.


Done!  

Another month under my belt.  4 new Christmas cards for my stash this year.  Do you have a favorite?

Please remember to visit the other Crafty Elves as well as Terri, our Guest Crafty Elf. Each of them has even more amazing card ideas for the holiday season and it's never too early to start making some.  Just click on their links to go right to their creations! 

Terri's Blog Post - Waving My Wand
Terri's IG Page - Waving My Wand

Debra's Blog Post - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog Post - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent
My YouTube Page - World of Michael Trent

Until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful variety. I like the tiles on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I thought #1 was going to be my favorite, but then I spotted the mantle scene! Love that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards Michael! I've never created a slimline card and think it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards. The tile done in red and green is perfect for a unique Christmas card. Love the fireplace. Thanks for providing such detailed information on how each card was created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards, Michael! The tiles are amazing... so creative BUT that fireplace/mantle scene card ~ love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Michael what an amazing assortment of cards! I love them all! Those tiles and that holly card are both beautiful and that fireplace so much tiny detail work, wow!! But the sheep made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for promoting the BYSH Cardmakers hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the last card! Those sheep!! Soooo cute & love the fun sentiment to go with. Your first card is so unique & interesting; I love seeing a birdie on card #2 and the fireplace scene is just amazing!! That card would've taken me a good month or more to finish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these! So fabulous! Omg that hearth is so detailed... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...