Thursday, October 15, 2020

Spooky Slimline Halloween Card

 


Hello y'all.  How is everyone doing?  We had a bit of a hurricane here last week - tiles flew off the roof and we had a bit of flooding inside the house but now, a week later, all is back to normal.   

It's that time - a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 153 and it's all about Halloween, or bats, or witches, or scary cats, or even the colors of Halloween.  Here is the inspiration photo the Design Team had to work with should you wish to join us!


I had a bunch of ideas in my head but then I started to clean and I found this in my stash - 


It's the Happy Haunting Chipboard Elements from the Happy Haunting Collection from My Mind's Eye.  From 2013!  And I had to use it for this card.    

I decided to make a slimline card using the 6 letters that spell out S P O O K Y.  It's the perfect type of card since the letters each measure about 1 3/8".  

  • I made a top folding slimline card, 3.5" x 8.5", using black cardstock.  
  • I adhered one of the design papers from the digital version of the Hocus Pocus Paper Pack from Echo Park.  


  • I cut a piece of black cardstock, 2.5" x 8.5", and stamped the Spider Web image from Anthony's Paper Craft using Versamark ink and Black Sparkle Embossing Powder (Ranger). 

    I love how this Black Sparkle looks on black cardstock!  

  • I adhered it to a piece of black fun foam and then to the card front.   


  • I adhered the letters S-P-O-O-K-Y across the front of the black embossed cardstock.  I also adhered 3 black enamel dots to the front. 
     

Because the cardstock base is black, the last thing I did was to cut a piece of white cardstock and adhere it to the inside so I can write on it.  

Done!  

I hope you enjoyed this card idea.  If you want to play along with us, just click HERE to be taken to the challenge blog. If you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your creation.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael



3 comments:

  1. This is a cool and spooky card. I love the letters and the webbed background. I'm glad you didn't lose your whole roof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,love it 🐒🎈🐢🐢

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...