Thursday, August 6, 2020

For the Bride and Groom...




Hello everyone and welcome to August 2020!  This year is just flying by and I cannot believe that it will be the holidays in 5 months.  If we have holidays this year!  

It's time for a new challenge on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  
If you would like to play along with us, below is the "inspiration photo" that the team had to work with for Challenge No. 148.  You could make a wedding card, a floral card, a basket of flowers...plenty of ideas.    


When I first saw the photo, I immediately thought of a white on white wedding card.  The card came together very quickly and, it's quite classy! 

I cut a piece of heavyweight white cardstock in half on the short side.  I made my top-folding A2 card base using one half, and, with the other half, I die cut the Quilted Frame Elle-ments die from Avery Elle.  I also cut a piece of white fun foam to fit under the Quilted Frame.  


I adhered the fun foam to the quilted frame piece, which I then adhered to the card front.  Then I adhered a small half pearl to each of the crosshatches using Multi-Matte Medium.  I also stamped the bride and groom from Wedding by Inkadinkdo on to the oval center part.  


I adhered the oval bride and groom to the card front using foam tape and I added some Clear Wink of Stella to the bride's dress to give shimmer.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the Life Stuff Sentiments set (IOStamps), die-cut it using a stitched banner die, and adhered it to the card front.  Lastly, I adhered 3 flowers near the banner. 

 


Done!  Now if only I had a wedding to go to or a couple to give the card.  LOL  I'd love to know what you think of the card.  And, if you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your card.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 

Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. The wedding card came out beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Estrella. Glad you love it as much as i do! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherri. I was going for classy and glad you think I achieved it. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...