Monday, November 12, 2018

A Zombie Loving Coffee Addict ATC with Vera Lane Studio


As some of you know, I love Vera Lane Studio digital stamps - they are fun, quirky, odd and there are lots of zombie and coffee themed images to play with. This month, in the Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group, there is a Coffee ATC Challenge.  Coffee and zombies.  My two favorite words.  But a coffee loving zombie is so much more fun and that is what today's project is all about. Hence the coffee and zombie!

As much as I would have liked to have used real coffee stained paper for this project, I have yet to try that, so I started by printing a free coffee stained digital paper I had in my stash and then cutting it to an ATC size - 2.5" x 3.5".  I also distressed the edges with vintage photo distress ink (Holtz/Ranger).  

Using the Calacas Digi Stamp Bundle - I printed two of the zombie images, along with some of the coffee cups, and the phrase.  I then fussy cut the zombie, the flower from the 2nd zombie, and 5 of the cups.  (In the end, I don't use the 2nd flower, I use more cups and more of the word "coffee").


I then colored in the cups and the zombie using a variety of BIC Ultra Fine and Fine Markers -Fandango Pink, Lime Sorbet, Sunset Orange, Yellow Blaze, Hot Aqua, Rambunctious Red, and Margarita Green.  I also used Copic R00 Pinkish White on the face. 

I cut a slit in the top of each cup so that the next cup can fit inside a bit.  I adhered these down to the ATC and then I inserted the zombie, after cutting off his legs.  Ouch!


Next, I needed some words for the ATC.  I didn't print enough of the phrase so I printed a few more, cut them out and distressed the edges.  I did a test with the words but both myself and my friend Debra decided it was too blah...doesn't POP!  


It needed more color.  So I took a piece of scrap cardstock and colored in some of the BIC Markers that I used so that I could layer the words on each color.  Much better.


I adhered the words to each of the colors, cut them out, and adhered them on the right side of the ATC. I ended up not having enough room for one of the colors.  As a last minute idea, I adhered some Yellow, Orange Peel, Firefly, and Glam Pink Stickles (Ranger) on each of the cups to give a slight shimmer.


Here is the final ATC....when I was adhering the ATC info on the back, the googly eyes fell off so I adhered even bigger eyes!  I think it looks even better now.


I'd love to know what you think of my coffee loving zombie ATC...please leave a comment below!  If you like my work and would like to follow my other social media platforms, here are my links - 


I hope you enjoyed today's quick ATC tutorial...as always, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Your coffee-loving zombie is the bees knees, Michael! Fabulous and fun and perfect for the VLS swap! x

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...