Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Happy Halloween "Batty" Card No. 2


Hello everyone!!  I seriously need to find more hours in my day or maybe more days in my week.  But I have a feeling most of us feel this way.  So much to do and so little time to get it all done!  Anyway, as promised, I am back today with one more "batty" Halloween card.  I wasn't planning on making two cards with the bat stamps but, while I was making yesterday's card another Halloween card with bats popped up in my Facebook feed - it was THIS one from my friend Justin's blog.  He had embossed bats with black embossing powder on black cardstock.  I had never thought of doing that and had to give it a go too!  

I started with an A2 top folding card base, adhered a piece of orange cardstock to the card front, and then distressed the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.


Next, I cut a piece of black cardstock with one of my stitched rectangle dies.  Then I stamped the bat image from my Halloween Wishes set several times using Versamark ink.  


Then I grabbed my heat gun, some Black Sparkle embossing powder by Ranger, and heat embossed the bats.  LOVED how they came out!  Once they cooled I adhered a piece of black fun foam to the back and then adhered this to the card front.


Next, I stamped the two banner images from my Halloween set - the smaller one onto white cardstock and the larger one onto orange cardstock.  Then I stamped the phrase from my Happy Halloween set on the smaller banner - all with Onyx Black Versafine ink.  Once dry I cut the two banners out and adhered the smaller banner on top of the larger banner.




I then put some pop dots on the back and adhered it to the card front.



The last thing I did....because the card was calling for them...was to glue down some small googly eyes on each bat. 


Done!  I really love how this card came out and it's a really quick card to make.  Thanks Justin for the inspiration!!  Let me know what you think of the card by leaving a comment below!!  

As always, thanks for stopping by the blog.  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

5 comments:

  1. This is cute especially since I have a weakness for bats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the black on black embossing and the googly eyes. I also totally understand the feeling of not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that put a smile on my face!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card..love the shiny bats.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...