Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Addicted to CAS with Grunge and MFT Stamps and Color Pop Inks


Hello everyone!  Gosh, what a strange few days this has been.  Yesterday we celebrated May Day here in Brasil - kind of like Labor Day in the states.  And, since a general nationwide strike started on Thursday (don't ask), it was like having a 5-day weekend.  But the (somewhat) quiet allowed me to be productive and enjoy some recent wins....

First, my CAS Wedding Card from last week, where I used that beautiful image from Gina K Designs, was chosen as a winner for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #96.  Second, my "You Hog My Heart" Card from last week, where I used the dies and stamps from MFT Stamps, was a winner on the CAS on Sunday Challenge Blog!!  And, third, I woke up to find out that I was a random winner in a contest on the Stamp Junkies Facebook Group!  Cannot wait to see what I get.  A big YAY to me and a big hug to all of you guys for keeping me creative on this blog!

Today I have a super easy CAS birthday card to share with you guys.  I made  it for the Addicted to CAS Challenge Blog. This week's Challenge #110 is GRUNGE!!


When I saw "Grunge" I immediately thought of a stamp set I have called Distressed Patterns by MFT Stamps.  I wanted the colors to pop so I grabbed my Kiss, Ice, Sky, and Fresh Color Pop Inks by Susan Weckesser and ColorBox. I stamped different "grunge" images across the front of a piece of white cardstock that I had cut with the stitched rectangle from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes by Simon Says Stamp.  I love these vibrant colors!!   


I cut a top folding A2 card from white cardstock and I adhered this to the front of the card.  Then I cut the word "happy" from the Happy Die (MFT Stamps/retired) out of black metallic cardstock and I stamped the word "birthday" from the Label Maker Sentiments (MFT Stamps) using black onyx versafine ink.  

I adhered both to the card front so they sat on top of the colors.  I was thinking of adding some sequins but keeping the card this way allows it to be given to a guy or a girl.  Right?  


Done!!  Told you...simple and clean...or is that clean and simple?  LOL  I'm really happy with this card and love how those inks pop off the paper.  I made two more cards like this but not as CAS.  Will post those during the week.  

Hope you enjoyed this card and post.  Leave me a comment below if you wish.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. Great card, Michael! Love the pop of color and CASe design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  2. I'm Back! It sounds hectic in your neck of the woods with that strike. Glad you got to do some cards and hurrah for you in winning these challenges! This card is fun with the basic white and then that pop of colours-love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit!! Nice to see you leaving comments again. Was wondering what happened to you. The strike is over. For now. They are talking even more now. Whatever....LOL Glad you love these colors too. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Your card really popped out to me over at the Addicted to Stamps gallery, i love it! Its so bright and fun. Congrats on all your wins too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, your color choices for your blotched background are fabulous - they remind me of Mondrian. Great take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colorful grunge background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Michael! I love how your sentiment pops with all the bold colors on your 'Grunge' background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...