Monday, February 9, 2015
"Love" - Black, White and Red Valentine's Day Card
Good morning everyone! Since I am 3 hours ahead of NY, the Grammy Awards did not start until 11pm. I tried - I really tried - to get through the whole show but I crashed at 1am. Was nice to wake up to find out that Sam Smith won 4 awards! Now I hope that this brings him some happiness and his next album will be a bit more upbeat. HA! Did you guys watch?
Today I have another easy Valentine's Day card. The color scheme is black, red and white. I am also going to enter this card into the Can You Case It Color Challenge this week that is black, red and white. Perfect timing. If you want to enter their challenge you can check out their website at canyoucaseit.com.
How I Made The Card -
(1) Make card base. Cut a piece of patterned Valentine's Day paper and adhere it - 4" in from the right side of the card.
(2) Apply pop dots or foam tape to the back of each of the pieces of white cardstock.
(3) Adhere the smaller piece of white cardstock to the right side of the patterned paper. Make sure you keep a 1/8" border. Then adhere the larger size on the left side of the paper.
(4) Die cut the Love die two times - once out of black cardstock and once out of red cardstock. Cut small pieces of foam tape or pop dots and adhere to the back of the "o" and the "v" and then adhere glue to the rest.
Adhere the phrase to the front of the card positioning the "o" and the "v" over the patterned paper. Then adhere the hearts cut from the red cardstock to the front.
(5) Last - I applied some Frosted Lace Stickles to the hearts! Done.
Now just sign the card and give it to someone that will appreciate a handmade card! Hope you enjoyed this card. Let me know if you make any!
Hugs from Brasil -
Supplies I Used -
Card base - white cardstock - 7" x 10", scored at 5" and folded
Piece of patterned paper - 2.5" x 4.75"
Piece of white cardstock - 1.5" x 4.75"
Piece of white cardstock - 3" x 4.75"
Pop Dots or Foam Tape
Die Cut Machine
Scor Pal or other scoring tool