Welcome to the World of Michael Trent, a crazy American artist living in the countryside of Sao Paulo, Brasil. A person in love with paper, stencils, rubber stamps, and markers. The creator of StenDoodle, a technique that merges stencils with doodling. I hope you enjoy your time in my World!
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Stendoodle Valentine's Day Card - Part II - Love Life!!
Hey everyone. This is the 2nd part to yesterday's post (HERE) - showing another way to make a nice card using the template you cut, one stencil, and some rubber stamps. Hope you like....
Additional Supplies Used that were not used in yesterday's post:
Flourishes V:1 by Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer (retired set)
Red Pearl Pen by Viva Decor
Black Archival Ink or other waterproof ink
1. Lay the template on top of the watercolor paper and trace the outline of the heart with a pencil, then with a permanent marker, then erase the pencil lines.
2. Lay the Circles Ray 6 stencil in the center of the heart, trace with pencil, then with permanent marker, then erase pencil marks.
3. Pull out 6 words from the stamp set, adhere them one by one to the clear block and stamp in different rays of the stencil. Stamp center with love/life. Make sure you are using a waterproof ink!!
4. Cut a mask from a piece of xerox paper. Cover the heart and stamp some of the flourishes from the Flourishes set or another flourish stamp - in waterproof ink.
5. Color the rays with the Dylusions inks. I used them in a waterbrush. You can also use whatever medium you want to use for the color. The colors did bleed a bit but I like the way it came out and will not worry about it.
6. Place small dabs of the Red Pearl Pen by Viva Decor.
7. I trimmed a bit on the top, layered it on a piece of black cardstock, then on the red card front.
Hope you liked this card. Beijos e abracos (Hugs & Kisses) ~Michael