Tuesday, August 11, 2015

NYC Street Art and Tour


Happy Tuesday everyone.  What a crazy morning.  I am staying with my friend Sue while in NY and we were up until almost 2am in her craft room.  Me - preparing the kits for the baby mini album I am doing this Saturday and next week.  And Sue - working on some ideas for her Etsy shop.  Today it is rainy and gross so it will be back to Sue's craft room for most of the day.

Just wanted to share some more photos from this weekend's traipse around lower Manhattan.  On Friday night, after the Chinese food at Wo Hop, I noticed lots of cool street art on buildings and told Justin that Sunday would be Little Italy day to get these shots in the daytime.

We took the train down to the new Cortlandt Subway station.  This was one of the stations that was closed for a long time after 9-11.  Found some amazing tiled art on the wall that just mesmerized me.





Then we started to walk towards Little Italy, through Chinatown again.  Saw so much cool street art.  On walls, on light posts.  








After this we stumbled upon a street art festival going on.  Some of the pieces were very cool and the "street art" on the walls just boggle my mind.  







And these photos below are just some cool shots from walking around the streets.  It was nice to be a tourist again for the day and get to experience NYC without the need to rush around.  

I met Batman on the street.

A cool poster on the side of a construction site.

Alley in Chinatown.

Mulberry Street in the heart of Little Italy.

Crazy stuff for sale on Mulberry Street.

The door to 214 Lafayette Street.
Well, I hope you enjoyed these photos and my little day trip through lower Manhattan.  As always, thanks for stopping by the blog.

Hugs from NYC!!
~Michael



12 comments:

  1. So nice to see the city in an entirely new way! Thank you for that!! I had the best time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See what happens when you look up? LOL. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish I could have been touring with you. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee. Glad you liked. Maybe one day we will both be here at the same time!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tour! Such art! In all my trips to NYC, I've never seen anything close to what you have photographed. Awesome art and photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caol. Glad you liked the post. So much to see in this city! Hope you get to see some of this the next time you are back in town!

      Delete
  4. WOW. What an amazing collection of street art. I live here and have never seen a one of them. Perhaps I need to get out more often! Though the art had me awestruck, the t-shirt shop had me laughing out loud! TFS Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy...yes, the tshirts cracked me up too. Glad you liked the pics. Justin can now give you a tour. LOL

      Delete
  5. Oh and btw, that alley in China Town... not after dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled onto your blog this am....loving the whole street art theme! Headed to the South Sea Islands. Will check out the murals in each port.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great time on the South Sea Islands. How cool!!!

      Delete
  7. On second thought, please publish your street art photos!

    ReplyDelete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...