Saturday, October 3, 2015

Mojo Monday 417 Challenge - Halloween Cards



Happy Saturday everyone!  The creative mojo is still coming!  Today I have two more Halloween cards for you.  One of the problems with living in Brasil is not being able to get new stuff as soon as it comes out.  Or waiting weeks (somethings months) for packages to arrive and then having customs sock me with a huge customs fee.  At times I use older stamps or papers.  Like for these two cards.  I opened the box labeled Halloween and found some goodies I had yet to use. 



The first card is a Halloween "spider web" card and is for the Mojo Monday 417 Challenge. I saw that my friend Justin had made THIS card for the challenge and wanted to join in with him.  I like tall and skinny cards.  

I started with a white cardstock base, 5.5" x 7", scored at 3.5".  This card is 5.5" tall and 3.5" wide. Then cut a piece of black cardstock, 3.5" x 5.5" and adhered it to the card front. Then I used a sheet of "Frightful Words" from the Frightful line by My Mind's Eye and cut - from the spider web side - a piece 3.25" x 5.25".  Cut another piece of black cardstock 2.5" x 4.75".  Cut a piece of white cardstock, 2.25" x 4.5", stamped the spider web in black ink on the cardstock leaving a bit at the bottom for the spider.  Then stamped the spider in black ink under the web.  Adhered this piece to the black cardstock.  Then adhered the black cardstock to the piece of Frightful Words.  Wrapped a piece of spider web ribbon around all 3 layers and adhered it to back.  Then adhered this whole piece to the card front.  Stamped the phrase, cut it out, adhered some pop dots to the back and adhered to the card front.  Then I stamped the smaller spider on the top right side and applied some glossy accents to the large spider to make him (or her) pop!  

Done!!


For the other card, which I made while making the cards for The Paper Players Challenge, I used the same sketch but instead of using any stamps, I used this cute little Frankenstein sticker that I had in my stash.  I know..I know...I used a stamp the other day of Frankenstein but this sticker was just too cute not to make into a card.  I used the same paper and the same ribbon on both cards today.  I just adhered the sticker of Frankenstein and the two bats to the card front.

Well, I hope you have a fantastic Saturday and that Hurricane Joaquin does not come near you.  Today we are off to the mall to get Bella a bed for her to sleep in.  Make sure to check back tomorrow when I will have one more card for the Mojo Monday Challenge.  

Hugs from Brasil -

Michael





4 comments:

  1. Cute and adorable cards...your mojo is running wild this week...I've enjoyed viewing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois!! My mojo does seem to be flowing lately. Thanks for the support and for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. Cute cards, Michael. Using older items is always fun when you haven't seen them for a while and get inspired with them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HJ!! It's crazy how much stuff I own yet I never used!! I will be using a lot of it now. LOL

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...