Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Today Is Full Of Possibilities With Hero Arts, Sweet Stamps, and a Cuppa Joe



Happy Hump Day everyone!  This week is moving so slowly here.  Maybe it's because of all the rain we are getting.  I feel like I am in a fog.  I am leaving Valentine's Day cards for today and going with a good, strong, cuppa Joe card!  I love coffee.   I drink it all day!  And I am always on the lookout for new fun coffee related stamps, papers, washi, etc.  On my last trip to NY I found this cool coffee stamp from Hero Arts called "Cup of Coffee" and knew immediately that I would use a stencil(s) in the open areas of the cup to give it some color.  Perfect to use for Day 3 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge!

I started the card as I start most of my cards lately.  With a piece of white cardstock and the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp).  For my card front, I printed out a sheet of coffee textured paper from a free digital paper pack I found HERE.  Also, on a piece of this scrap digital paper, I stamped the cup holder part of the coffee cup for later use.


After looking through my stash of stencils, I decided to use the Rounded Square stencil by Sweet Stamps.  After figuring out what part of the stencil I wanted to use, I secured it with painter's tape and, using a Copic Multiliner pen I traced the design making sure I did not trace off the cup. 



I then colored in the traced stencil area with a few fine tip Sharpie markers.  


Then I adhered it to the card front and I cut out the coffee cup sleeve that I stamped earlier and adhered it to the coffee cup.  Needing a phrase, I pulled out a package of Tim Holtz Quote Chips (love these) and found the quote "Today Is Full Of Possibilities".  I cut the words apart, distressed the edges, and adhered these to the card front. 


Done!  It's funny but, after seeing the final card, I realized it would be great to put this on a shelf as a sort of motivational art.  Hmmmm...  I hope you enjoyed this quick card.  Feel free to leave me a comment below.  And, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

4 comments:

  1. Your use of stencils and addition of the little details (distress ink edging and the coffee cup sleeve) wow me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use a stencil! I never thought about tracing a design onto a stamped image and now you got my creative wheels turning. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Love how you've stenciled the cup and the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I love how you created this card!

    ReplyDelete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...