Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Anthony's Paper Craft - Round 3D Ornament Christmas Card


Happy Wednesday/Hump Day everyone!  So....I have some exciting news!!  A few weeks ago I got a Facebook message from Anthony Gilbert who owns Anthony's Paper Craft, a rubber stamp company in Cleveland, Ohio.  He told me that he loved my work and asked me if I would like to be part of his design team.  Um....YES!  I have to admit, not having to apply for a design team because the owner loves your work - completely made my month!  

I am in the middle of making a bunch of cards for Christmas and Hanukkah and today's project is using the Round Ornament.  I fell in love with this stamp as soon as I saw it because it reminded me of my StenDoodle technique and I knew I would be able to use lots of color and make it 3D.   

Let me show you how it's done.  I started by adhering a piece of decorative Christmas paper from my stash to my card front.  Then I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  Now for a phrase...the other day I found a stack (trust me, a stack) of peel off stickers I had bought years ago and had never used.  I found one from Magenta Style called Christmas Words Gold and decided to use the phrase "Deck The Halls" under the ornament.


I then stamped the Round Ornament image twice on white cardstock.  Because I wanted the ornament a little bit larger for my card front and I wanted to make it 3D, I scanned the image, printed two of them on white cardstock, and then cut them out with my Scan N Cut.   

Note:  Although Anthony's Paper Craft does not have dies to match the images, many of them cut out beautifully with the Scan N Cut.  Trust me!!


Next...I colored!!  One of the ornaments I colored completely using 5 Sharpie fine point markers - red, green, yellow, blue, and peach.  For the 2nd ornament, I colored only the two flowers and then cut them out.


Next, I put some pop dots behind each of the cut out flowers and adhered them to the ornament - giving a 3D effect.


And, finally, the last few steps - I adhered the ornament to the card front by using pop dots behind the ornament and glue on the chain.  Then I adhered some really small crystals to the ornament and the chain to make it pop.


I hope you enjoyed my first project with Anthony's Paper Craft.  I'd love to know...leave me a comment below!  And if you try this project also let me know.  I would love to see it.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. I love the bold colours as it really pops off the card. This is really beautiful. Congrats to being accepted on the design team...very deserving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Birgit for your comments and your congrats. I love this image too and you know me and my colors!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I can never decide what color I should where on these kinds of stamps. Yours is beautiful! I shall save image and us it to help me color mine! I'll let you know if I make mine look good. Hope I can find it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rannah! No real rules other than try not to use too many colors and try not to put the same color next to each other. And for some reason I always start with yellow. I hope you pull out those markers and let me see what you make!!! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. I love this card! Peel-offs are great when a stamped word will not do. I think I'll follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois!! I forgot I even bought all of these peel offs but now they are sitting next to me and will be used a lot. Glad you loved the card and thanks for stopping by (and hopefully following) the blog!!

      Delete
  4. what a gorgeous ornament..love all the details and the colours just pop.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen. Glad you love this as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...