Thursday, September 7, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge #70 - Back To School


Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!  I hope everyone is well.  It's been a crazy week here.  Ruy and I had a photo exhibition last weekend at the Belle Epoque Cultural Center here in town, which we did as a benefit for a charity.  It was nicely received and was a great feeling to see everyone's reactions to our photos.  I will try to get a post done this weekend about the show.  Of course afterward, I got sick for a few days, but am finally back up and running.  Today is Brasil's Independence Day so everything is closed and I finally found some time to do a new blog post.  

Yes, 2nd post about "back to school".  This time for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog - 


I started with a piece of white cardstock.  Using some washi tape I taped down the "Numerals" stencil (TCW200S) by The Crafter's Workshop.  Next, using a mini blending tool (Ranger) with some inks from Reverse Confetti (Piggy Bank, Salsa, and Bumblebee Yellow), I applied the colors through the stencil.   



I removed the stencil and heat set the inks (just to be safe).  Then I used an alphabet stencil from StencilGirl Products and applied some Aqua ink (Reverse Confetti) to a few of the letters, also using the mini blending tool.  Heat set again (just to be safe).  I then die cut this using the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp).


After this I pulled out a stamp set called Book Border (SSC259) by Stampendous.  I have owned this set for YEARS and it has never felt the touch of ink to it's polymer skin.  LOL


So I inked the row of books and the phrase and stamped it on a piece of white cardstock.  I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die I own and colored it in with Sharpie markers.  I then adhered it to a piece of red cardstock. 


Lastly, I adhered this to the card front.  


That's it.  Done!  I think this would be a great card for a teacher on the first day of school.  As a thank you!  I hope you enjoyed this project.  Let me know by leaving a comment below.  Thanks and until next time -

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

7 comments:

  1. Michael, this is so beautifully done and very colorful. I guess by being a teacher, your cards really hits home for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic on many fronts! The background you built up gets a big tick but my teacher-librarian heart cannot go past your wonderful centre panel! It's always a pleasure to see you joining in at Retro Rubber Challenge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love how you created that background Michael, WOW!! The center panel with the line of little books and that fabulous sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for colors and numbers and I loooove that stamp set! Wish I owned one! Super great project, thanks for joining the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stencil and all the primary colors you used for the background. Great card and love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the sentiment as well as the stenciling! Great card, Michael! Love it when I see your creativity in our gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is why Retro Rubber is so much fun, it makes you put ink to the stamps you've been saving! Lovely job with the stencil and coloring on the focal image. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...