Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Addicted To CAS No. 120 With Florals and Gina K. Designs


Hello everyone!  Thank you so much for all the love given to the "googly-eyed skulls" card that I made for the current challenge on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  Remember, you have until September 22nd to add your own card to the "Anything Goes" challenge.  

Today I have a super simple and special card - for a special lady.  A friend of mine asked me to make a card for her aunt Maria.  Maria loves to garden and is always telling people here "Onde uma flor cresce há esperança.", which basically translates to "where a flower grows there is hope".  When she told me this I immediately thought of this set by Gina K. Designs that has the same sentiment!!  

Then I saw that the current challenge over on the Addicted to CAS Challenge Blog is all about "florals".  So that's where I am also entering this card.



I started by placing a piece of white cardstock into my Misti.  Using black ink I stamped the two images from the Hopeful Flowers Duo set by Gina K. Designs.  



Then I cut (1) the cardstock using the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set by Simon Says Stamp, (2) colored the flowers yellow (Maria's favorite color) with a Sharpie marker, and (3) adhered small crystals to the small dots in the image.


After this, I made a top folding A2 card base out of purple cardstock to which I adhered the white cardstock with the images.  Lastly, I adhered 3 purple sequins to the front and a piece of white cardstock to the inside.  


Done!  I told you....super simple.  I hope you enjoyed this card and tutorial. Feel free to leave me a comment below - I do normally answer all comments left and love reading them.  Until the next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and one of my favorite sentiments. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I so miss making cards but I started to get back to it. I love your card and how perfect that you have a saying similar to what the lady says. It's just a hopeful card-pardon the saying I just wrote. I say this because of the flowers and the crystals and the colours chosen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful card, Michael. The purple and yellow are a vibrant combination. I'm sure Aunt Maria will love it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...