Saturday, November 5, 2016

Day 4 and 5 - 30 Day Coloring Challenge/The Male Room Challenge #47 Colors


Hello everyone!!  Happy Saturday night.  This post was supposed to go live this morning but the day completely got away from me.  We had our friend Daise here this weekend giving classes and pretty much played all day.  LOL.  The above baby card I made this morning.  I don't think there is anything more enjoyable than coloring an image while sitting on the veranda, sipping freshly brewed coffee and eating a piece of freshly baked apple cake.  Okay...enough gloating.  LOL

Today's card is for Day 5 of The Daily Marker and The 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  It's also being entered into a new card challenge site I stumbled upon called The Male Room.  I know it sounds like a strip club (LOL) but it's a card challenge site for male only projects.  Their current Challenge #47 is to use the colors Orange, Yellow, and Blue (along with some allowed neturals) -


I started by stamping the Baby Zoo Umbrella by Whipper Snapper Designs in the lower right corner of a piece of white cardstock, 3.75" x 5".  I then colored in the image using a mix of Copic markers and Bic Markers - keeping to the blue, orange and yellow options.  The Copics used are E31 (Brick Beige), W1 (Warm Gray No. 1) and W5 (Warm Gray No. 5). The Bic Markers used are Yellow Blaze, Moonstone Yellow, Adobe Orange, Sunset Orange, Deep Sea Blue, Stone Grey, Cloud Nine Grey, and Black.

I adhered the white cardstock to a piece of navy blue cardstock, 4" x 5.25", then these to a piece of blue plaid, 4.25" x 5.5", and then I adhered all the layers to a top folding A2 card front.  Last things I did was to adhere a few small blue sequins to the card front and the phrase "Sweet Baby" which is from Itty Bitty Banners by Stampin Up.

I also wanted to share the card I made for Day 4 of The 30 Day Coloring Challenge - 


I started with a top folding A2 card base of Kraft cardstock.  I then cut a piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and splattered some red paint on the front.  On another piece of white scrap cardstock, I stamped the Santa image from the Christmas Cutts Apart set by Art Gone Wild.  I colored the image in using a mix of Copic markers and Bic Markers.  Then I trimmed around the edge, adhered it to the card front and then stamped the phrase, "Merry Christmas" from Hero Arts, under the image.  

Both cards were super easy and I am thinking that the Santa image one might get made a few more times.  LOL  I hope you enjoyed this post.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. This is very cute. Love the strong colours and the style of the animals and also Mr. Santa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Birgit! Trying to work with specific colors is out of my comfort zone but we have to keep pushing ourselves. Right? And Mr. Santa says Thanks!! LOL

      Delete
  2. ahhh, very good cards! Love the simplicity of the cards. You truly have proven that you don't always need a lot on a card to be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rannah!! Clean and simple is not really my forte but I am liking them more and more. This challenge teaches me to be simple yet colorful! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Nope us Ladies are definitely NOT in a strip club LOL. Glad you got to find us and enter into our colour challenge. GREAT job, love how you have used the colours and the check background paper. Thank you for playing at The Male Room Challenge of colours. Faith DT. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith. Glad to know you ladies are not strippers. LOL. But I knew that. Thanks so much for your comments and for stopping by. Hope to play along more often.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to The Male Room! I adore that image - so cute and beautifully coloured too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah. Glad you like the card. Was fun to play along with you guys too!

      Delete
  5. Hello and welcome to The Male Room!! I think you will find our challenges fun and engaging. And you seemed to have knocked it out of the park with this card!! I love the crisp clean design. and those animals are so stickin' cute.. Great card and I am looking forward to seeing you more often.. Thank you for joining us!!
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shawna for your comments and for stopping by the blog. Was fun to play along with you guys and I hope to do it more in the future. Glad you liked the card. Was a fun image to play with.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...