Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 1 - 30 Day Color Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps


Hello everyone.  I'm so excited!  Today is Day 1 of The Daily Marker's 6th 30-Day Coloring Challenge.  If you love to color this is the challenge for you.  All that is really required is to color something, for at least 10 minutes per day, for 30 days. There is no pressure and if you miss a day or two it's not a big deal.  I know I will be doing my best to color something for the next 30 days but, as most of you know, life has a way of getting in our way at times.  

Kathy has two videos - one is about the challenge and the other is a video about supplies you might want to use.  All the info about the challenge is HERE!  



For Day 1 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge I went with a digi image from Bugaboo Stamps called Coffee Time - Smell The Coffee.  I sized the "coffee cup" image in Word to about 2.75" x 5".   But I decided to use a different sentiment. A few weeks ago my friend showed me a card with a coffee cup on it and the phrase "Take Life One Cup At A Time".  I loved that phrase so much I decided to use it under the row of coffee cup and I used a different font for each word in the phrase. Then I printed it on white cardstock.   

The size of my card is 5" x 6" and to make the card base I cut a piece of white cardstock 6" x 10" and scored at 5".  Then I adhered a piece of decorative paper with a Kraft color and black spots on it and distressed the sides with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  It gave me a bit of a coffee feel to it.  

Then, using the largest die from Card Creator A2 Matting Basics B (S5-132), I die cut and embossed a piece of black cardstock, which I adhered to the card front.  Then, using the largest die from the Card Creator A2 Matting Basics A (S5-131) by Spellbinders, I die cut and embossed the coffee/phrase image.  

I colored in all the coffee cups with Bic Markers, applied some Green Stickles to the leaves and on some of the grass and Glossy Accents on all the coffee cups to give them a nice glossy look.  I set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I adhered it to the black cardstock.  

Here's a close up of the coffee cups and phrase.  Yes, there is a smudge near one of the cups and I do not want to talk about it.  LOL


Done!!  Well, I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you join the 30 Day Color Challenge also.  If you do, please let me know so that I can follow you!  Until next time (hopefully tomorrow) - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. What a cute, brightly colored card. Love the cups as flowers and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cups and the bright colours. Colouring is so therapeutic. I don't see the smudge but if I create one I may add a butterfly or glitter. I often have smudges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit. Aren't these cups adorable? And yes....coloring is totally therapeutic. Glad you do not see the smudge. LOL

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...