Thursday, November 17, 2016

Being Thankful with Retro Rubber Challenge No. 51


Hello everyone!  Although I have been really busy it seems I cannot get anything done!  Ever have one of those weeks? LOL.  I wanted to share some photos I took last Saturday of a farm Ruy and I went to explore with hopes of taking photos there of the Super Moon.  But it rained both days and it was a total bust.  But it was a fun day trip.  

First we got a bit lost on one of the sugarcane plantations.  So I got out to take a panorama photo.  

  
We were in total cow, horse, mule, bull country!! (I know my friend Toniann will like this photo).


I also got some other cool photos of textures, etc.  But I am still working on them and will share soon. Now for today's card.  Over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog they are having Challenge No. 51, which is all about Being Grateful with a photo for inspiration - 



I started with a beautiful background stamp that I have owned for YEARS! Crazy, I know.  It's called Oak Leaf Background (retired) by Heartfelt Creations. Because it's a large stamp, I put it in my Misti and stamped it with Archival Black ink by Ranger on to regular white cardstock.  I then trimmed the image to 4" x 5.25".



Then I pulled out a few Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, and Seedless Preserves.  I applied each of the colors to a clear block and then, using a waterbrush, colored in all the leaves.  I would start with one color, heat set it, and then go back with a darker color, heat set again, and then blend.  


Once it was all colored in and dry I adhered it to a piece of black cardstock, which I then adhered to the front of my A2 sized card cut from Kraft cardstock. Then I stamped the phrase called Many Blessings by Stampendous (retired) on to a piece of Kraft cardstock, adhered it to a piece of black cardstock, and then adhered this to the card front.  The  final step was to lightly brush the leaves with Gold Stickles and allow it to dry.   Done!!


I really like how these Distress Inks worked on this card.  I hope you guys do too.  If you want to enter a project in the Retro Rubber Challenge just click HERE to be taken right to the challenge page.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

24 comments:

  1. Hey Michael, Wonderful card, I love using Distress Inks in this way. I love the little touch of purple coming through at the sides. The stamp is amazing..I love leaf stamps. Sounds like a fun day trip, I love the Cow photos! Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire for all your comments. The cows were cool. LOL. But the card is cooler. Glad I got to play along with you guys again.

      Delete
  2. I love the country...grew up in the country and sunsets are amazing. A sunset in a city parking lot just isn't the same thing:) Loving this card! I have a similar stamp but with ash leaves , I think. I haven't done this water colouring in a long while so this has inspired me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit. I love the country too.....at times. LOL. I agree, the sunsets are much more amazing in open land. Glad you like the card. Now go grab your distress inks and go play!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card! You make me want to give my distress ink another try! Love the photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa!! I have to admit, I just started to play with distress like this and it's really so easy! Go try it again. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  4. This is an amazing card! The design and colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois!! Can you believe this was the first time I inked this baby up? Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michael! So glad to see your lovely leaf card in our gallery! The coloring is wonderful. Never having had used distressed inks, you do make me want to venture into them just to see how different they are from the classic dye inks. Your black panels certainly make the background and sentiment pop!! Thanks so much for sharing with Retro Rubber this week. And I love your nature/scenery pictures also. So sorry you did not see the huge moon. I wish I had gotten some pictures....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katy!! Yes, go grab some distress inks and play. I do like to use regular die inks in the same fashion but the distress blend so much nicer. Give it a try!! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Glad I played along again.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card, Michael! Your coloring is fantastic on this beautiful background stamp! Sure wish I could buy one of those now. You don't mention whether you celebrate Thanksgiving but there is never a wrong day to be thankful. And I thank YOU for playing along with us at Retro Rubber. It's always fun to see you in the gallery and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. They don't celebrate Thanksgiving here since it is an American holiday but we do. Turkey, all the trimmings, but with our friends here. They love it. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  7. Oh Michael, what a gorgeous Autumn card, you totally captured the colors of this beautiful of Seasons and, as always, you colored this image beautifully.
    Love the amazing pictures of this fabulous place you visited, to bad it was cloudy so you missed the HUGE and BRIGHT moon but glad you still had a great time.
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at RETRO RUBBER, we always love to see you in the gallery, hope you come back next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria for your wonderful comments and for stopping by the blog again. Glad I played along with you guys. Was fun.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Loved the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rannah!! Was fun to make. Glad you loved the photos. Thanks for stopping by the blog again.

      Delete
  9. Amazing coloring and love the final touches that really make this card shine! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Neva. Glad you liked it. Was fun to play along again with you guys.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card, I love the fall colors and your water coloring. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. Glad you like the card too. Glad I played along with you guys again over at Retro Rubber.

      Delete
  11. Hi Michael! This card is a true stunner! As always, I love how you take the time to teach us how you make your cards! These leaves look like velvet! That just shows your talent to me! The layout along with the black is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Thanks for your wonderful comments. I love doing my tutorials so other people can recreate if they want. Glad you like the card and I am happy I played along too.

      Delete
  12. So pretty...too bad that sentiment is retired, I love it! Congrats on your Retro Rubber win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks LeAnne!! Glad you love the card. Was fun to play along again.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...