Sunday, September 18, 2016

Bugaboo "Pup Balloons" Birthday Card


Hello everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I wasn't planning on doing a post so late today but we got up early and headed out to find a field of sunflowers we had heard was in bloom.  Sunflowers are my favorite flower and after getting a bit lost we found the field.  And spent hours taking photos and roaming.  

Here are a few of the shots I got this morning.




I made this card last night after purchasing a bunch of digi stamps from Bugaboo Stamps that I had in my wishlist.  They are having a sale - 70% off - until....I think midnight tonight...and this was a sale I could not pass up. Bugaboo is one of my favorite digi stamp shops and I hope you check them out.  

I am entering this into this week's challenge over at Addicted to CAS, which is their Challenge 97 - Stitched -


I started by printing the "pup balloons" digi image by Bugaboo Stamps on a sheet of A4 white cardstock and trimming it to an A2 card size.  


Using the other half of the A4 cardstock, I die cut the All-In-One-Frames - Rectangles 2 by Impression Obsession and adhered the largest stitched rectangle section to the card front.


Next I stamped the words "Happy" and "Birthday" from Label Maker Sentiments by MFT Stamps, cut the phrases out, put some pop dots behind each word, and adhered it to the card front next to the image.


Last thing I did was to pull out my Bic Markers and color the pup in.  


Done!  I think my pup came out looking adorable and certainly meets the criteria of Clean and Simple with lots of white space!   I hope you enjoyed this quick little post!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute and adorable...thanks for the info and have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois!! Glad you like and hope you got some good digis!

      Delete
  2. This is a really cute, fun birthday card. The recipient will be thrilled with it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HJ for the comments and for stopping by the blog. Glad you like the card.

      Delete
  3. That's dog-gone cute. And I can't get enough those beautiful sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! Cute comment by the way. LOL. The sunflowers rocked...the field is amazing.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet card, Michael! Love the layout and the stitched white frame. Thank you so much for sharing your card at Addicted to CAS challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ksenija! Was fun to play along with you guys.

      Delete
  5. That is a cute card! I love that pup ready to give the balloons away. The pictures of the sunflowers are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Birgit. Love this pup but love the sunflowers more! They are amazing to see.

      Delete
  6. What a completely adorable image. I love it. You colored it beautifully, too and what a steal at 70% off! Love the stitched border. frames him beautifully. so glad you joined us ATCAS and thanks for sharing the gorgeous sunflower photos
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jaydee - for the comments and for stopping by the blog. Was fun to play along with you guys.

      Delete
  7. So cuuuteee card. Loved it. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bhavana! Was fun to play along with you guys.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...