Wednesday, August 3, 2016

You Octopi My Heart - "Punny" Card


Hello everyone.  I hope y'all enjoyed the "punny" cards in yesterday's post.  Continuing with the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge "punny" theme, I have a super simple card for you today.  I have to admit that, when this phrase, "You Octopi My Heart", first came out last year, I was NOT a fan.  I thought it was the dumbest phrase ever. But...I have evolved...and now I embrace it.  LOL 

I started with a white cardstock base of 4" x 8", scored on the long side at 4" - for a 4" note card. Since I do not own this phrase, I printed it off the computer and then die cut it using the 3" die from the Die-namics Pierced Square STAX.  I then cut a piece of white fun foam and adhered this to the back of the 3" square.  I then adhered this to the center of the card front.

For the border, I used a piece of navy blue cardstock and the largest die from the Scalloped Square Frames, and adhered this around the card front.  

The last steps were to cut the Octopus die out of some dark grey metallic cardstock.  I put one pop dot behind the head of the octopus and then adhered the rest down, above the phrase.  Lastly, I adhered a red crystal heart to the octopus.  

Done!  I told you - easy!!  It would be fun to use this die with a phrase like "I want to wrap all my arms around you".  LOL   Well, I hope you enjoyed this quick card.  Remember to make your own "punny" card for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge!  You have until Sunday, August 7th, at 8:00pm to enter a card! Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

9 comments:

  1. This is cute, and fun looking...but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois. It's so simple and just works great. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. What?? I love that sentiment! I'm glad you've embraced it now! :) Absolutely awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Thanks Tina. Yes, I have evolved like Obama and Clinton. LOL Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. You are so handy! I wonder if Octo has a pussy cat?. Ok sorry....this is brilliant because it doesn't need anything more. I like the frame and the basic colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks Birgit. I do not think Otto has a cat. Maybe he needs one? Thanks for stopping by the blog and for your comments!

      Delete
  4. What a cute card today, Michael. Love the scalloped border and of course, the fun octopus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HJ. A year ago I never imagined using an octopus on a card. Times have changed. LOL. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Glad you like the card.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it weird how stamps grow on us for a while? LOL... I would have to say that I love the Octo-pus. LOL You made it look like such a scary creature too. Glad your playing along with the Stamp Ink Paper crew this week, but even happier that you are a crew member. =)

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...