Thursday, August 25, 2016

"Passport" - Father's Day Workshop at Wizard Araras


Hello everyone!  The other day I talked about a class I gave in Araras, Sao Paulo, at an English school called Wizard. OMG!  It was so much fun and everyone at the school is so freakin cool!  About 50 kids came with their dads, one with his Uncle, and one with her Aunt, to make a "passport" of the fun things they would be doing over the next few months.  I cut all the pieces for each kit but the kids put them together and then I showed them how to use rubber stamps to decorate the inside. Honestly, I do not know who had more fun - me, the other teachers, the kids, or the dads.  LOL

I have to be honest - the faces on some of the parents - so proud of the kids, working with their kids on the projects...well, it was a great day that I will remember for a long time.  

Here is the kit I prepared for the 60 kids - 


Here I am with all the teachers that helped me -

Angela, Ednoélio (Junior), Me, Luciana,  Jéssica, and Maria
Although everyone helped me out A LOT...I have to send a huge thanks to Ednoélio and Luciana for really helping out all day.  Luciana even took me around the town when we had a break to see the lake, the old buildings.  It's a cool town and they even have - not 1 - but 2 - Chinese Restaurants.  I am totally moving there.  

But this never would have happened if it wasn't for these two ladies - Caroline, the owner of this Wizard school, and Gisele, the Manager of this Wizard School in Araras.  Gisele basically would not leave me alone until I agreed to do it!! LOL

Me with Caroline and Gisele
I even baked chocolate chip cookies for the classes and, although they were put out with Brasilian cookies, MY cookies were gone by the end of the night and the Brasilian cookies were still sitting there.  LOL.  But...between you and me, I am convinced that Ednoélio ate most of them.  LOL


A few more photos of me helping with the passport -  



And this is me with one of the funniest kids in the group - Joáo Paulo!  He wanted a selfie with me.  He was such a goofball (like me) that when he clicked the phone, we both made funny faces without telling each other that we were going to do it.  LOL


And a huge thank you to Guilherme Vieira, the photographer, who spent all day taking photos.  I think he took over 300 photos and I know he took a photo of me with each of the kids, their dad (or uncle or aunt) and the passport they made.  You can click HERE to be taken to the Wizard Araras Facebook page with all the photos.  

I hope you enjoyed this little look at my dad with these amazing kids!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun and creativity happened at this event along with the great end project. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois. This was so much fun to do and I love seeing the faces on the kids when they "make" something. Cannot wait to do it again.

      Delete
  2. What a special day that must have been! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was a great day and I cannot wait to do it again.

      Delete
  3. Michael, you are awesome!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline!! You are more awesome for putting up with me. LOL. It was a lot of fun to do.

      Delete
  4. Its so nice to educate through art, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sherri. It is fun to educate through art and they had a great time. Cannot wait to do it again.

      Delete
  5. This is great! What a wonderful way to reach out to kids and show a camaraderie. Through making cards. It looks like you had a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. It was a great day and at times I wanted to cry from the faces on the proud parents.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...