Sunday, August 7, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #248 - Clean Underwear & A Dirty Martini



Hello everyone.  Me again!  Two posts in one day - I know, crazy!!  But I wanted to share with you a card I made for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #248. You have until 2pm tomorrow to upload a card so maybe, if I post it today, someone will see it and try to make something too!  

Here is the sketch to work with - 


While I was making my "Jake & Chloe Lemonade Scene", I was going through my stash of Clear & Simple Stamps and came across this older set called "Martini Darling" and then, in another box, I came across this phrase from Rubbernecker Stamps called "Dirty Martini".  I knew I would have to use these two sets together soon and put them away for that day.  

Well, today was that day.  LOL  Unfortunately the Martini Darling set has been retired by Clear & Simple but the phrase by Rubbernecker is available but in a different format - HERE.

I started with a top folding A2 white cardstock base. I adhered a piece of decorative paper from Urban Traveler by Simple Stories.  I wanted a darker , edgier paper to reflect a "martini" mood in a dimly lit bar. 


Then I cut a piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5 1/4", and stamped "Splatter It" by Unity Stamp Co. with an "Ice" Color Pop Ink by Clearsnap.  (Both the stamp and the ink are designed by Susan K. Weckesser, Inc. and I am in love with these inks lately).  This "Splatter It" is also a GREAT stamp to use when you want a little something thing in the background without having to go all crazy. 


Next I stamped the two ladies from the "Martini Darling" set, cut them with my Scan N Cut, and then colored them in with Copic markers.  I paper pierced the pants on one and the dress on the other using other decorative paper in my stash.   


I adhered one to the left side of the cardstock over the "Splatter It" image.   Then I adhered the other image so it overlapped the first just a bit.  I DID NOT glue down the purse because I wanted to be able to lift it for the phrase.


I stamped the phrase and adhered it under the image.  Where the purse is, it is not glued gown.  You can understand the phrase but can also lift the purse to make sure you are correct.  LOL  

I then cut a piece of white fun foam and adhered it to the cardstock with the images.  Then I adhered both to the card front.  DONE!



I hope you've enjoyed this fun card.  I hope you can find some time to make a card for the current Freshly Made Sketch Challenge.  Just click HERE to be taken to the post!  Until next time -

Hugs from Brasil -

Michael

14 comments:

  1. OK this just really made me smile! Beautifully done and such fun! I love that background stamp and your gals are gorgeous! So glad you shared this at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda!! Really appreciate the comments and that you stopped by the blog. I love these gals and this was a fun card to make. Glad I played along!

      Delete
  2. The title sounds so fun and you don't know what to expect but the card produce from the title is awesome and I'm loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois! I guess the title could sound naughty but I won't do that to my followers. All in fun and jest!! Thanks for stopping by the blog and smiling.

      Delete
  3. Great looking card and love the borders. The gals look hip and have the right idea. I like the way you cut out the dresses from patterned paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit! This is just another one of the classic type of stamps that I have had since I helped Noah build his boat. LOL. Glad I finally got to use it. A Really fun stamp. Thanks for the comments!!

      Delete
  4. Really cute card. It put a smile on my face when I saw it. Using the spatter background and letting the purse hang over the sentiment are very clever. Just a great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HJ. Glad I could put a smile on so many faces today. Love that splatter background - perfect for so many things. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  5. So cute. I love your interpretation of the sketch and how the girl overlaps the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun stamp set and sentiment! Love the way that you show each step of the process. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the background that you created. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments and for stopping by the blog. I really appreciate and am so happy you love the card!

      Delete
  7. Different companies and absolutely perfectly matched stamps!! Not only the ladies with their dirty martinis - but also the look and style of both of them. LOVE the backdrop. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim! I agree...these two stamp sets were made for each other! Thanks for stopping by the blog and glad you love the card as much as I do.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...