Friday, June 10, 2016

Reverse Confetti Meets Retro Rubber - Challenge 40



Hello everyone.  It seems my mojo is certainly flowing this week!  I think it's because it's so cold here this week!  Woke up to 40F (7C).  I'm not happy but it is supposed to get warmer this weekend.  

Today I am sharing {what I think is a really adorable card}, that I made for the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and their Challenge 40 - Kind of Sketchy challenge -   


I've had a few sets from Reverse Confetti sitting around for over a year that I have been wanting to get dirty.  As soon as I saw this sketch, this card idea popped into my head.  

I started with a top folding A2 white card base.  To the front of the card I adhered a piece of scrapbook paper, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", from the Hootenanny Six By Six pad by My Mind's Eye.  I loved the reverse side and had enough left from the same sheet to cut the strip, 1 1/2" x 4 1/4", which I adhered across the card front.  Then I stamped the phrase from Later Alligator by Reverse Confetti under the strip of paper.


Then I die cut a piece of complimentary paper with the larger scallop die from Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti, which I adhered over the strip.  Then I cut a matching circle die from the X Stitched Circle Die Set by Gina Marie Designs and adhered this in the center of the blue scallop.


Next, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the alligator on to green cardstock, and the bow tie and cake onto white cardstock.  All 3 images come from the Later Alligator set by Reverse Confetti. Then I die cut the alligator and cake using the matching Later Alligator Confetti Cuts and I hand cut the bow tie.  

I colored in the cake with Copic markers - Y08 and B05, and the bow tie with Copic B05 also.  Glued the bow tie onto the alligator and then placed some pop dots behind both pieces and adhered them on top of the white circle.


Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the balloons from Monkey Business by Reverse Confetti and then die cut them using the matching die - Monkey Business Confetti Cuts.  I colored them in with Copics Y08, B05, R27, and FYR1 and adhered them behind the alligator but made sure to make it look as if he is holding them in his paw.


The last steps were to adhere two googly eyes to the alligator, apply Glossy Accents to the front of the balloons, Wink of Stella Clear Brush to the cake and candle, and Espresso Dimensional Pearls by Ranger on the cake frosting.

Here is a close-up showing all the fun!


Here is the whole card front.


The last step was to stamp "happy birthday" on the inside of the card using the stamp from Monkey Business set again.  

Done!!  

I hope you can find some time to make a project for the Retro Rubber Challenge.  The challenge ends on June 17, 2016.  Have a great weekend everyone! Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

5 comments:

  1. This is a really cute card. Love the steps on how to achieve this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute, fun card. I love the sentiment and the bright colors with the alligator. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute...I love that cute dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...