Monday, August 10, 2015

Cherry Blossoms in a StenDoodled Vase by Joggles


Good morning everyone and Happy Monday.  NOT!  LOL.  Had a great time in the city again yesterday traipsing through Little Italy, SOHO, and lower NYC.  I will post photos tomorrow.  But I really wanted to share this card I made the other day.  It feels like forever since I made one of my StenDoodled designs. The idea came to me when I saw a stencil of different "vases and urns" from Joggles.com and had to get this done.  

I cut a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5.25".  I positioned the cherry blossoms image on the card knowing that I was going to pop dot the vase.  Stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored in with Copic markers.  Then I took a scrap piece of white cardstock and traced the vase I wanted to use.  Then I went back and traced the other stencils within the vase.  I used a Copic Multiliner pen knowing that I was going to color with more Copics.  

Once done, I cut the vase out, traced around the outside with a black Copic, applied some pop dots to the back and layered it under the Cherry Blossoms.  Stamped the phrase and added a few half pearls and some stickles in the center of the flowers and on the vase. Then I layered it on an A2 card front and it was done!

You guys know my love of stencils and this was the first time I used any from Joggles.  I think they are a great price and a great quality - right up there with the bigger names.  I love sharing a new product or brand when I come across one and this is one of them!!  

Hope you guys liked the card and grab some stencils soon to do some StenDoodling!!

Hugs from NYC -
~Michael

Products I used: 

Copic Markers
Stickles from Ranger
Half Pearls from my stash


8 comments:

  1. Love this card! The colors are great and the vase is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so bright and fun. I love the cherry blossoms and the colorful vase. Great job. I'll have to check out Joggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much HJ. Glad you like it. Joggles is great!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much HJ. Glad you like it. Joggles is great!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...