Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Valentine's Day Card



Happy Saturday everyone.  I've been spending the last few days making Valentine's Day cards for the blog.  Today, I might even make a shaker card [insert a gasp here].  I am not a fan of shaker cards but, maybe, after I make two for my nieces, I will change my mind.  LOL

The inspiration for today's card came from a card by Jen del Muro for Reverse Confetti.  


I loved how the scalloped Love Note Confetti Cut worked with the embossed cardstock over it.  Click HERE to see their original blog post.  

To make my card -  

(1) make the card base.  Round two of the corners.  
(2) using the scallop die cut, cut a piece of red cardstock and adhere to card front.  Trim left edge.  Die cut the next size down with white cardstock.  Emboss with your favorite heart embossing folder (I used Heart Blocks by Cuttlebug) and adhere to red cardstock. Trim left edge.  
(3) using the Hearts Die, cut some of the larger hearts out of white cardstock and stamp the corresponding image, from the Bottom of My Heart set, in red and/or black ink.  I used a stamp positioner here.  Adhere them around the scalloped pieces.  
(4) cut some smaller hearts out of red cardstock and adhere to card front.  Some I glued to the card front and some I used a pop dot under it.  I also adhered some red and pink sequins and a button to the card front.  
(5)  stamp phrase in black archival ink.
(6) give it to someone that will appreciate it!  LOL

Well, hope you liked the card.  More coming this week!!

Hugs from Brasil -
~Michael

Supplies I Used:  


Phrase from Off The Chart Stamp Set by Laina Lamb for My Favorite Things
Square Scalloped Nesting Die by Quickutz 
Heart Block Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug
Jet Black and Vermillion Archival Inks from Ranger
Crystal Stickles by Ranger
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Pop Dots
Card base is white cardstock, 4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5"
Red and white cardstock scraps
Corner Rounder
Stamp Positioner
Sequins


4 comments:

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...