Sunday, October 19, 2014

Great Classes At Great American Stamp Store

So many stencils and markers!!

This weekend I taught some classes at Great American Stamp Store in Westport, CT.  The morning class was an Intro to StenDoodle class and the afternoon class was a Memory Box Holiday Card class.  We had so much fun. I was very lucky that my BFF Sue drove me up there, hung out while I gave the classes and then drove us back.  I did not ask her to do this but when I mentioned to her that I was going to take the train, she almost slapped me. 

Of course the StenDoodle class was a very quiet one because everyone just zones and zens out while doing this technique.  For this class we made an ATC and 4.5" card using Art Squares from Inchie Arts (my new favorite product).  I really think everyone loved it and everyone made different and fun cards.

This is me talking about what to look for in a stencil when doing StenDoodle.



 

The Great American Stamp Store is located at 8 Church Street South in Westport, CT.  They have walls of wood mounted rubber stamps, clear stamps, pens, markers, stencils...the list goes on and on.  And, they have more punches than I have ever seen in one store. Trust me, if they don't have the punch you want, it isn't made!  LOL  

Below is a photo of Judy.  She and her daughter Jaime own and run the store. If you have never been here, it is a must if you are in the area or are planning a road trip. 


Everyone working hard.  You could hear a pin drop!

Here are some of the creations everyone made.



Unfortunately, I forgot to take any photos of the afternoon class.  I know...bad!  But it was a nice class.  I even had one person in the class who had never made a card before.  

Now to prepare for my classes at the Ink Pad in NYC this Tuesday and Saturday! 

Hugs from NYC!
~Michael

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone had a great time and learned a lot from you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I am a store owner in OH and follow your blog. I loved seeing your classes in Westport this past weekend and didn't know you were going to be that close. Would like to speak to you about a potential visit here for classes!
    Thanks,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan. I would love to talk to you about the possibility of giving classes the next time i am in town. I was in Westport, CT, not OH, but I could travel the next time. You posted the comment anonymously so I cannot contact you directly. Hope you see this. Please email me directly at michaeltrent@gmail.com.

      Thanks! Michael

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...